No announcement yet.

Wyoming deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew my second choice antelope and MD tags. Happy to be hunting there and keeping my points. Looking forward to Oct 1, Can’t get here any sooner!

Comment

I drew a region j deer tag. Will be my first time there so if anyone wants to offer up any advice I’m all ears!

Comment

Region D deer successful. Last year 80 people applied for 160 antelope doe tags in an area. This year 1250 people applied for 100. That really messed up my doe tag chances.

Comment

The HMA info will be out in July for those areas and some take a drawing to get the public access. Check on those right away.
          Walk in areas and any BLM that has public access via a public road are good to go. Lots of folks take antelope off of walk in areas and HMAs. The state lands are also open , some may have restrictions of they are farmed or have had damage. No camping on state lands, ones that allow it will be posted with signs.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            I've just been picking up points the last few years. Have you hunted Medicine Bow NF for deer or elk? Is it worth burning the points (2-3) next year for any of those units (Units 9, 10, 11, 12 or 110)?

I lived in Laramie one summer and was up there a lot. Never recalled seeing elk or deer. But I wasn't looking for them either.
            Lots of elk up there. We hunt it every year for archery season. Lots of roads but you can use the closed off ones for good walk in access.
            Deer can be hit or miss, some good ones but they are harder to find. Numbers are good though throughout the forest for both.

Comment

txhunter806 sent you a pm

Comment

My group is in for speed goats. Did get drawn for deer.

Comment

Wytex, i got drawn for Gen. Non-Resident Elk.
                  I hunted Colorado Medicine Bow Archery last year and will Hunt Sept. 19-28 this year there in Wyoming. Was looking at area around Medicine Bow Routt National Forest around Encampment or Saratoga. You have any in-site or bads on over crowding?
                  Elk Movement? But most of all, the weather during that time?
                  Terrain wise, it can't be any worse then all the blow down in North Colorado along the Wyoming border that we played in last year.

Comment

Originally posted by hound dog View Post
                    Wytex, i got drawn for Gen. Non-Resident Elk.
                    I hunted Colorado Medicine Bow Archery last year and will Hunt Sept. 19-28 this year there in Wyoming. Was looking at area around Medicine Bow Routt National Forest around Encampment or Saratoga. You have any in-site or bads on over crowding?
                    Elk Movement? But most of all, the weather during that time?
                    Terrain wise, it can't be any worse then all the blow down in North Colorado along the Wyoming border that we played in last year.
                    We hunt the Snowy Range, east of Saratoga. Sierra Madres are west of there.
                    Plenty of elk , hunters around too but not terrible. Some spots to get away during archery even with all the closed off roads.
                    Later Sept is cooler usually and a chance at snow.
                    Over in Sierra Madres they are doing some logging and some roads may be closed during the week. If you hunt over there call the FS office in Saratoga and ask about the area you plan to hunt. 307-326-5258

We'll be on the north side of the Snowies in a LQ area this year.

Comment

Heading up Saturday, will be good to get out of the heat for a week.

Comment

icon6669 where are you going ?
                        There is a machine gun and cannon shoot South of Casper, Wyoming this weekend. We'll be there Friday morning to shoot some rental guns, from vendors.
                        It's a blast to go shoot.

Comment

Man i forgot to enter for a tag and have access to private property up there. Looked at the redraw but the unit was full. Sucks.

Comment

Working...
                          X