Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Side Hustle Dream Trip Challenge!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side Hustle Dream Trip Challenge!!

I listen to a lot of podcast and Gary Vee is always talking about side hustling and grinding. So the other day when I was trying to think of a good YouTube video idea, a crazy one came to mind. I I want to try to pay for either a goat or a sheep hunt by grinding out side hustles. Being on salary over time isn’t an option and I feel like I waste a lot of time over the weekends and in the afternoon that I could be doing something more productive. I think it could 100% possible with a little work to make 10-15k over the next year or two with random side hustle jobs. So I thought it would be fun to see if anyone else on here wants to join in on the challenge. You don’t have to be saving for a sheep hunt or goat hunt. You can be saving for your dream trip. That might be a day hunt ranch or a fishing trip or even a family vacation. We can all talk about different side hustle ideas and even show progress if your comfortable with it. The rules are simple. Pick a dollar amount and what trip you are saving up for and start grinding. Side hustles can be anything you want other than your 9-5 job. I have been talking about booking a goat or a sheep hunt for to long and need to make it happen, I hope some of you guys join in on this with me.

Here are some of my ideas:
    -selling old hunting gear, guns, tools or anything else you already have that you don’t need. (Go watch The minimalist documentary on Netflix)
    -Growing my YouTube channel to where it is making money from ads. (I’m 60 subs away from being able to monetize again
    -Garage sale flipping
    -Random Handy man work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m going to start working an additional 45 minutes a day at work... that’s my plan since my job offers tons of OT

Comment

In 2012 I started building custom houses as a side hustle. Have a background in lumber so was around the industry for years. Had a really good job as lumber broker. Made great extra money. My side hustle is now my full time gig as we have grown the company substantially. Now build about 10-15 homes per year. I left my 8-5 earlier this year and it is the best decision I have ever made.
      This is to tell you that it can be done and who knows what it turns into. Think long and hard about what you are going to do. I did it because I enjoyed it and now I enjoy it everyday and only have to answer to myself.

Good luck
      Last edited by Biscuit; 09-16-2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I been paying for hunting trips, guns, vacations and boats with side hustle money for 10 years. Houston rodeo is a pretty good chunk of it but I do manage 8-10 hours a week the rest of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          I been paying for hunting trips, guns, vacations and boats with side hustle money for 10 years. Houston rodeo is a pretty good chunk of it but I do manage 8-10 hours a week the rest of the year

What do you do at the Houston rodeo?

Comment

Rent pigs!

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post

something like this

Comment

Become an Uber driver in your free time. Especially during the rodeo

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post

I believe he does security work!

There are so many things you can do to make good money. Believe it or not people will actually pay for things thats crazy.

I met a very very prominent dentist in austin one time. His passion was staining fences on the weekend. He was a high end fence stainer and loved it. He had plenty of money but hustled the fence staining.

Not sure where you live but you could easily bang out good money aerating yards for fertilizer. Every year when i rent the machine my neighbors just pay me to do their yard and machine is paid for. Plenty of ideas to hustle.

I like this and the idea. Keep us updated.

Comment

People are making good money printing BETO stickers right now.

Comment

I started my side hustle about 7 years ago. I lucked into it, and it has afforded my wife and I a lot over those years. Pays both of our vehicles every month. Working part time for DU. Volunteering led me into a PT gig. Full time during the week, and about an hour and a half of work every day of the year. No days off from the PT gig, but have back ups if I am out of internet coverage.

Comment

Thats why i guide and outfit hunts, my hunting is mostly free.

Comment

I’m in for this.

Comment

I just spent way to much on a new rifle/scope so when I get back to work I’ll be putting in some major OT.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              People are making good money printing BETO stickers right now.

This is part of what I want to do...shirts hats and stickers.. I have about 3 designs right now, the equipment can get steep!

Comment

Working...
                              X