Age/Score help please- Freestone County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age/Score help please- Freestone County

Hey guys! Asking for some Green Screen wisdom on this big 8 in these photos.
    I am new to the area, so no history, and somewhat new to attempting to manage our bucks and let them reach 5.5-6.5

Based on what I have seen here and comparing him to other bucks on the property, I feel he as at least 4.5 and might be 5.5. I guestimated score at mid 120's.

What say you?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ryan M; 09-21-2015, 10:22 AM.

123.5" Beautiful deer! short brows kill the score but it wouldn't slow me down from shooting him!... I might even be a little high cause I'm giving him 20" beams

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
      123.5" Beautiful deer! short brows kill the score but it wouldn't slow me down from shooting him!... I might even be a little high cause I'm giving him 20" beams
      Yea, I think the beam length needs to be more around 17''-18''. I am coming up with 119 on score. Age, I say 5.5.

Comment

I think your correct. Low 120's

Comment

5.5 and 122!

Comment

your right on and where bouts in freestone?

Comment

Originally posted by J&M Hamilton10 View Post
              your right on and where bouts in freestone?
              Between Lake Fairfield and the coal mine, east of the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan M View Post
                Between Lake Fairfield and the coal mine, east of the lake.
                You are probably just 2-3 miles East of my lease. That's a nice buck and looks to be mature. If he was a 10 I may let him walk, but at 8 I would probably harvest that deer if it came out.

He's a beautiful buck. I would guess 4.5 on age. He is going to look like a monster when that neck swells during the rut. Keep us updated! I enjoy connecting with people who hunt in the area.
                Last edited by coffmanbr1; 09-21-2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by coffmanbr1 View Post
                  You are probably just 2-3 miles East of my lease. That's a nice buck and looks to be mature. If he was a 10 I may let him walk, but at 8 I would probably harvest that deer if it came out.

He's a beautiful buck. I would guess 4.5 on age. He is going to look like a monster when that neck swells during the rut. Keep us updated! I enjoy connecting with people who hunt in the area.
                  Will do! Thanks everyone for the input.
                  I'm on the fence about shooting him or letting him walk if I'm given the opportunity. Still hoping some bigger ones show up.
                  Our neighbors to the northeast killed 2 right at 139 last year off their property which is I believe about 2-300 acres. And we also border a huge ranch which is managed pretty well and they kill several 140's- 150's every year and have killed a few into the 160's.
                  But if this guy walks out and gives me a good shot, it would be hard to pass as he would be my biggest to date.

Comment

Any luck on the big 8 point or any other bucks? Nothing mature has shown up on the West side of the lake yet. Been watching a young 8 and 9 point, but haven't seen them since Friday evening which is odd. Starting to assume they got shot by the neighbors. Heard several gunshots on the property that borders us.

Comment

Looks like a 4.5 to me, and I can get that buck to 130. That tine length is going to carry him, and I think his beams are closer to 20-21, with a decent spread of 17 inches, I think he can get to 130. Good luck,

Comment

126 5.5

Comment

Ground check

Comment

4.5 right around 120"

Comment

4.5 maybe 5.5 128 to 130, i gave the beams 20 because he has pretty good spread around 20

Comment

Working...
                              X