Salt grass vs road house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTX View Post
    i think it all depends on location. In my neck of the woods, Salt Grass gets my money.
    THIS.... Road house is my all around favorite chain place... bar none... BUT the one in college station SUUUUUCKS... gave it 3 tries, all inferior cuts of meat and mediocre service.

That said, the one in San Angelo is TOP NOTCH, as is the one in Flowermound.

Salt grass is typically a better steak, IMHO but it is also more expensive...

Comment

Salt Grass hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
        All that little sign with an angus is a group raising black cattle got a good PR agent. Choice is a USDA grade, you could put a angus choice and any other breed carcass graded choice side by side and guess what. Both same marbling and fat content. But hey if it makes the money roll in with the overheating no insect tolerating little darlings

I like either place for what it is, a chain steakhouse. Ike taught our CHL class at the saltgrass Webster location which I thought was cool. Roadhouse does have wonderful dinner rolls.
        You might want to do a little research. There is a difference in choice and certified angus beef. I agree just because you put the word angus on the menu it changes nothing but CAB has its own list of grading criteria that goes above and beyond that of the usda.

Comment

Salt Grass is the better of the two In my book. I still think I cook them better

Comment

Road House, better everything

Comment

Went to Salt Grass once when I had a gift card. My steak and thge wifes were terribly tough. I had a ribeye and she had the filet. They werent over cooked, just tough as shoe leather.

Comment

Texas Roadhouse no question. Now I will say that I'm primarily a sirloin guy and filet from time to time. I don't like grissel or a lot of fat that's not marbling in my steaks. I don't think I've ever had a tuff or bad sirloin at tx roadhouse. I have had a really good ribeye at saltgrass but overall I'll take roadhouse over saltgrass every time. The most consistent from location to location across tx.

Comment

Texas Roadhouse porkchops are off the hook!!!

Comment

Roadhouse for me, all the way!

Comment

I like steak! Both for me

Comment

Originally posted by Bily Lovec View Post
                        Dear Lord,
                        thanks for not making me poor...

Classy....

The Saltgrass at Western Center & 35 dominates any Roadhouse and any other Saltgrass I've been to. Service and food are always top notch. It's a great steak for what it is, and all the sides are great.

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                          You might want to do a little research. There is a difference in choice and certified angus beef. I agree just because you put the word angus on the menu it changes nothing but CAB has its own list of grading criteria that goes above and beyond that of the usda.
                          they might have their standards but it is a breed standard, not USDA. It would be like me saying since I have certified Brahman beef is better and still using the grading USDA already uses. From the Angus beef website

[quote ] All beef considered for the brand must be the best Choice, or Prime, beef – truly the top of the scale. [/quote]

So in other words you can take that Brahman steer I was talking about and as long as he grades Best choice or Prime it's the same as an Angus steer, just one has a grey or red hide and the other black with a PR campaign rolling along since the 70's

Comment

Both Roadhouse and Saltgrass are about average for me. Actually, both seemed to have dipped a bit in quality over the years. Heck, I'll throw Outback in there as well. Seems like it used to be better.

With that said, I generally prefer Saltgrass as the quality of steaks is a little better imo and they seem to be a bit more of a steakhouse as compared to a catch all type of place. However, with these chain places, it really depends on the location. Some are just managed better than others. It's sort of like Whataburger. Some locations just do a better job.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                              they might have their standards but it is a breed standard, not USDA. It would be like me saying since I have certified Brahman beef is better and still using the grading USDA already uses. From the Angus beef website

[quote ] All beef considered for the brand must be the best Choice, or Prime, beef – truly the top of the scale.
                              So in other words you can take that Brahman steer I was talking about and as long as he grades Best choice or Prime it's the same as an Angus steer, just one has a grey or red hide and the other black with a PR campaign rolling along since the 70's [/QUOTE]

The grading is done after slaughter. Go to the CAB website and do some reading. Not all angus are created equal.

Comment

I got food poisoning at Salt Grass about 7 or 8 years ago. Haven't been back since. I thought I was going to die.

Comment

Working...
                                X