No announcement yet.

Jumping out of a plane on Saturday!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a tandom jump once while stationed in NC. I agree best rush you will ever have. Not to highjack, but is there a min. age to jump? My daughter wants to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Grats.... you'll love it...

I have quite a few jumps... most are at less than 1000 ft... a few with O2 in Yuma

Comment

I did a static line jump from I recall 2500 feet when I was 22. Honestly, it was a crazy idea with a bunch if friends and that night was the hardest I ever partied in my life.

I know at the Pearly Gates I will have to answer for not calling my Dad until the next day to let him know I was still alive.

Comment

I sure miss it. I've never done a tandem but have 5 static line jumps and about 40 free falls. Haven't been in 13 years since expecting my son. The wife decided for me that it was to dangerous for me to do with a young child on the way. I never did hurt myself or had to pull the reserve. Kind of always wanted to try out a reserve shoot ride but just couldn't bring myself to cut away from a perfectly good shoot.
          Best ever for me was going out of a bi-plane. When you got over the dz you undid your seat belt and gave the pilot the thumbs up. He then rolled the plane over and you simply fell out of your seat.

Comment

Originally posted by lbbf View Post
            I sure miss it. I've never done a tandem but have 5 static line jumps and about 40 free falls. Haven't been in 13 years since expecting my son. The wife decided for me that it was to dangerous for me to do with a young child on the way. I never did hurt myself or had to pull the reserve. Kind of always wanted to try out a reserve shoot ride but just couldn't bring myself to cut away from a perfectly good shoot.
            Best ever for me was going out of a bi-plane. When you got over the dz you undid your seat belt and gave the pilot the thumbs up. He then rolled the plane over and you simply fell out of your seat.
            I have heard that the bi-plane is one of the best jumps you can do. Can't wait to do that!!!!!

Comment

i have done it as well and we went up to 14,000 feet but i get more of a rush bowhunting have fun and be safe, let us know how you liked it

Comment

Come out to CO Springs. "A" license will get you an exit at 18000 ft....but the DZ is at 6500. Oxygen on the ride up and use Pikes Peak as a direction marker!

John

Comment

I've done static line, tandem, and solo free fall jumps. They are all a blast. If it's a one time deal for you, tandem is the way to go. Have fun!!

I saw a shirt once that said "if riding in a plane is flying, then riding in a boat would be swimming .... Get out and fly!"

Comment

Originally posted by pickles View Post
                    My highest jump was at 15,000 ft. Over a 2 minute free fall. Now that was a RUSH!!!!!!
                    I think you got your time wrong as your rush would be a splat unless you are flying a wing suit. From 15k you only have about 90s from plane to ground without opening a parachute. Opening at 3k is around a 60s free fall.

Comment

Logged over 600 jumps back when I wasn't a father. Still have all my gear hoping some day to get back out. Use to do video at a local DZ before they went out of business. Last jump was the weekend before 9/11 and after that they shut down the dropzones for a while and I never made it back out...the longer I stayed away the easier it was. Still catch my self looking at clouds and thinking about how much I miss it.

Here's a video montage of some of my work.
                      The youtube embeded doesn't seem to work, heres the direct link
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ3HnqQFZ38"]YouTube - skydives.mpg[/ame]
                      Last edited by Husker; 02-09-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

It will the most breath taking experience you will ever do... And long life memory!! I did it last year for my birthday. And will do it again, the hardest thing was letting go of air plane..good luck and get a video.

Comment

Originally posted by Snipehunter View Post
                          Three things for you to remember when coming in for your landing:

1.) Keep your feet and knees together and knees slightly bent.

2.) Keep your eyes on the horizon (don't look at the ground right before you land)

3.) Do not reach for the ground with your feet upon landing.

Good luck and have fun!! It is an absolute blast!!!!
                          Three things I would remember.
                          1. Take tissue for the nose bleed.
                          2. Put your head down upon landing so no one can see you cry.
                          3. Go to the Doctor to get some Prozac before jumping.....: )

Comment

A total rush.
                            Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Husker View Post
                              I think you got your time wrong as your rush would be a splat unless you are flying a wing suit. From 15k you only have about 90s from plane to ground without opening a parachute. Opening at 3k is around a 60s free fall.
                              On my 6th jump there were some guys from Red Bull at the DZ. They let us wear some very cool suits. It really slows down your fall.

Comment

Working...
                              X