Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I may have just made Momma D's day...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I got married I just got two to start with, for the same reason. Better to lose $100 than the one that cost much more

Comment

I used to be worried about my finger getting stripped. A happy medium for me was to run my ring through the band of my watch. Many years of patrolling and airborne insertions and I still have all digits.

But not the wife any longer!

Best of luck with the stunt double!

John

Comment

Just do what I did (accident of course). Got a cross current while welding one day. Gave me a permanent wedding band.

Comment

A stunt band is what I put together in highschool. Never made it any where. lmao!!

Sounds like a great idea Forest.

Comment

I understand what your saying, when I was frakin wells I never wore a ring, after I quit that job tho I put it on and its been on for the last 13 years.

Comment

Your a smart man for not wearing it at work. I lost mine about a month ago somewhere in Starr county while working. It took me about that long to tell my wife. She didnt get mad though.

Comment

Good Job getting brownie points with Momma D!

Had a guy that used to work for me have an "accident" one weekend with a pistol at the shooting range. Let's just say, he learned very fast now NOT to operate the slide on his 9mm. I have pictures but will NOT post them due to the fact that he no longer works for me and I have no way to get in touch with him to ask his permission. AND DO NOT PM ME TO ASK FOR THEM EITHER! (ty )

Moral of the story, left ring finger and pinky were injured. Ring finger (with Titanium wedding band) was down to the bone and the pinky bone was crushed and just hanging on by a few tendons. The ER could not cut the titanium band. They had to numb his hand and he had to pull it off. A large chunk of meat came off with it. After his ordeal, I asked him if he still had the ring, he told me yes, put up to NEVER wear again.

Comment

Mine started with ornate etchings, 18 years of construction work wore it down to a smooth gold band. 17 more years later it's a part of me I guess. It rarely comes off unless I'm bored and twisting it around on my finger and then only half way off. The wife likes the worn down ring. It suits me like the wrinkles on my face and the grey hair.

Comment

My wife had a ring made, I'm a big fisherman, and it's a speckled trout complete with black diamond specks. It's a beautiful ring and I've worn it all of about three times. She gets onto me all the time but I know that I will lose it, so I just leave it in the jewelry box. I'd like to get a "stunt" ring but to have one that looks like mine would cost too much, and, I'm just not much of a jewelry guy.

Comment

Me too

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                      i wear a titanium band, mainly because i am very hard on jewelry.
                      I wear one as well proudly. I have been a mechanic for the airlines for over 25 years. This is the first ring I have not torn up. Only bad thing is its not adjustable as I get Bigger.

Comment

makes sense, glad she's happy

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
                          Well like I said above........ I can't wear jewlery at work. So instead of takeing it on and off and worring about loseing a $1000 ring, I will take my chances with a $100 one.

My actual wedding band looks just like it did the day I got it. I am not wearing a ring for the fact that I think I have to to signify my loyalty or devotion to my wife to anyone. I know where my heart is. I am doing it for her because I know she likes to see me wear one.
                          that is really nice of you! i am gonna go kudos to you for that one!!

Comment

Working...
                          X