Transfer of Federal Lands to States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    Not really. If the states get the land they will sell some of it. Private landowners will sell hunts. The locals pay almost nothing to hunt. That would change. Instead of getting a resident license fee for an elk it will get sold for thousands of dollars.
    Ah yes. Let's turn this country into Europe, where only the wealthy can afford to hunt. PETA and a lot of the Democratic party would love for that to happen.

Funny thing is, I hunt elk every year out west and don't have to pay some private land owner a ridiculous amount of money to do it.

Comment

Not really. If the states get the land they will sell some of it. Private landowners will sell hunts. The locals pay almost nothing to hunt. That would change. Instead of getting a resident license fee for an elk it will get sold for thousands of dollars.
      And as more and more average Joes get squeezed out of the outdoors due to hunts costing thousands of dollars, our sport gets A. Stronger, or B. Weaker?

Comment

Would be good for the few landowners but not for the many hunters. Now a resident pays $50 and I pay $500. Let's all pay thousands to hunt elk. That would make it much better

Comment

Sell it all. I'd rather see it in private hands. Non residents get rooked in the drawings and license fees. No sense in us paying taxes and not getting a fair share hunting it.
          Your ignorance is mind blowing...
          Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          Ah yes. Let's turn this country into Europe, where only the wealthy can afford to hunt. PETA and a lot of the Democratic party would love for that to happen.
          And thats EXACTLY what would happen.

Comment

I have to side with Feds on this. [emoji849] ugh, that was painful. [emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have to agree with Ragin on this one. That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                I have to agree with Ragin on this one. That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

Comment

Originally posted by AZ&F'sDaddy View Post
                  I joined Backcountry Hunters today and wrote to my federal representatives. Thanks for posting about this.
                  Just joined as well

Comment

Sell it all. I'd rather see it in private hands. Non residents get rooked in the drawings and license fees. No sense in us paying taxes and not getting a fair share hunting it.
                    You to can Hunt NF in Texas you just don't chose to.

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    Public lands aren't here just for hunting. As far as drawings and license fees, those are up to the states. Considering this is about the states taking over federal lands, your argument is illogical.
                    I agree!

Turning it in to Europe! Is their something wrong with paying almost nothing to hunt without feeders on Govt Land?

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                      I have to side with Feds on this. [emoji849] ugh, that was painful. [emoji37]

I feel you there... I would love to see the land in the hands of a group like the RMEF but they just don't have the funds to maintain it any more than the states do..

Unfortunately this is one of the only if not the only time that maintaining federal ownership is a much better outcome than the alternative

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool I can buy some more land!

Comment

It is hard to believe that there is a resource that I would prefer the bumbling neglect of the federal government over avaricious attention of the many state governments.

But, there you go. Please don't transfer these lands to the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis32 View Post
                            Cool I can buy some more land!
                            Nobody takes better care of the land than private landowners. We have great hunting in Texas because most of it is privately owned. I'm always amazed how much western land has absolutely no wildlife.

Comment

The .gov owns way too much land. I am a state's rights guy simple as that. I put that above my feelings.

Comment

Nobody takes better care of the land than private landowners. We have great hunting in Texas because most of it is privately owned. I'm always amazed how much western land has absolutely no wildlife.
                                Delusional much?

Comment

Working...
                                X