Early Dewberry Blossoms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Dewberry Blossoms

Was out checking cameras this afternoon and noticed the dewberries are blooming--- Sure hope we don't get another freeze and nip them back. Maybe another great crop like last summer.

same here in Gonzales.

Comment

My tame Blackberries are blooming big time too... Too dang wet to get out in the pasture to check the dewberries... I'm TIRED of all this rain!!

Comment

Yeah I have seen the vines with flowers for 2 weeks now. If we had mosquitos I'd be in a world of hurt right now with the standing water I have. At a point now that even a foggy morning makes puddles.

Comment

Anyone who wants starts of dewberries, I have plenty for you to dig up. East of Dallas. Most are in the river bottom, so wait till it dries out some, but free for the taking. We need to thin them out!

Comment

I have been out and about multiple times in the past couple of weeks, I have not noticed our dewberries blooming. I will have to check. I want to relocate a bunch of them to one area, then use some chicken wire or something to get them to grow up off of the ground. I have not picked the spot where I want to relocate a bunch to. One of the reasons I want to relocate them is so I can water them, to make sure they produce a lot of dewberries, every year. Where we used to live, we had some very dense dew berry vines, that when we got a lot of rain in the spring, we would have a lot of dewberries, but if we had a drought, we did not get many berries. Our property has them growing all over the place, but most are small vines, which I would assume they have not been getting much water in the past. We do have some healthy vines near the house and a couple of other areas.
            Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 02-17-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

They are blooming in the Fulshear area as well I noticed last week. Crazy early it seems.

Comment

Ok, I had to go look closer at some of our dewberries today, while I was outside. Most of the plants I looked at, did not have any blooms on them, actually none had blooms. But, when looking at some of the larger vines, they do have lots of buds on them. Don't think I have ever seen dewberries bloom this early.

Comment

I seen a few Dewberry starting to bud, but none with flowers. Sand plums are in full bloom though.

Comment

Lots of trees budding out already at my place

That oversized rat didn't see his shadow so if you follow that line of thought it will be an early spring

Comment

Not here yet. They are starting to get leaves though. Was feeding the horses making all kind of noise and looked over about 30yds away in the woods 4 does were chowing down on em already. Acted like I wasnt even there.

Comment

Working...
                      X