Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brandon View Post
    Do you have any better pictures of the bird on the far right? Almost looks like a mottled duck or some kind of hybrid. Has the bill of a mallard drake but not the right feather coloration.
    Looks like a young drake that just isn’t full plumage. Killed several that looked like that, typically early in the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
      Looks like a young drake that just isn’t full plumage. Killed several that looked like that, typically early in the year.
      I do see a little green on its head but I've never seen anything like that this late in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by brandon View Post
        I do see a little green on its head but I've never seen anything like that this late in the season.
        My buddy just killed one like that but a lot darker. Looks like a hybrid between a mallard and black duck possibly after googling pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
          Had a great hunt yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what part of the state where u hunting? black ducks in texas are pretty rear.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
            what part of the state where u hunting? black ducks in texas are pretty rear.

They are? I see them pretty much every time I go out. Only have shot one this season though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
              They are? I see them pretty much every time I go out. Only have shot one this season though.

Mottled ducks, not black ducks. Possibly Mexican ducks along the Rio Grande.

Not sure where exactly you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                Mottled ducks, not black ducks. Possibly Mexican ducks along the Rio Grande.

Not sure where exactly you are.

Those are what I’m referring to, the mottled ducks. I hunt the rio grande valley and see them very often.

Comment

My buddy left me hanging at the ramp this morning. Said his 3 different alarms didn’t wake him up! Got a nice limit without him.

Comment

Originally posted by popeandyoung151 View Post

My buddy left me hanging at the ramp this morning. Said his 3 different alarms didn’t wake him up! Got a nice limit without him.

Yeah mallard limit.... THAT’LL DO. I bet you wanted that sixth one to be green...good on you for followings regs

Comment

Yeah I had some drakes come in after I got number 5. Gotta leave some for next trip

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post

yep, mottle ducks and black ducks are different. black ducks are pretty much on the eastern coast.

mottled ducks are all over coastal texas.

Comment

4 man limit in the timber this morning!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Killed my first Texas greenhead this morning!

Comment

Time for the stretch run! It’s gonna be over before we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Time for the stretch run! It’s gonna be over before we know it.

I’m back to A&M Kingsville and starting a part time job so sadly I don’t think I’ll be able to make it again this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X