No announcement yet.

Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What’s the flooding looking like? Want to go up for a duck hunt but don’t know what the bird numbers are like. Any info or help would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
      That’s really messed up! Is it just bored locals going to steal stuff to sell or just to steal because they don’t have anything else to do?!?! It’s tough enough hunting out there with the flooding and tons of other hunters....shouldn’t have to worry about stuff getting stolen. I really have wanted to use game cameras out there but too worried they will get stolen. Hopefully karma will get them.
      I run the cheap tasco cameras pre-season, and pull them mid September. I had 1 camera stolen that was cable locked out there last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Castblast View Post
        I run the cheap tasco cameras pre-season, and pull them mid September. I had 1 camera stolen that was cable locked out there last year.
        Wow! Well, I was thinking about doing that and locking one up but nevermind. I’ll just continue doing it by looking for deer trails, buck sign, and big tracks. Everyone I have talked to on here and have meet out there have been really friendly and nice. I drive a 4x4 four door blue Chevy 1500 in case you ever see me out there, stop and say hello.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
          What’s the flooding looking like? Want to go up for a duck hunt but don’t know what the bird numbers are like. Any info or help would be great!
          Last weekend, Yegua was underwater and probably still is. Nails creek has some ponds on it toward Box 2 on both sides of the road that definitely had duck hunters shooting. I don’t duck hunt so I’m not the best person to tell you were to go or how to access those ponds because you have to cross creeks to access some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
            Last weekend, Yegua was underwater and probably still is. Nails creek has some ponds on it toward Box 2 on both sides of the road that definitely had duck hunters shooting. I don’t duck hunt so I’m not the best person to tell you were to go or how to access those ponds because you have to cross creeks to access some of them.
            Box 3 which is yegua Irwin bridge unit is still flooded cant cross low water crossing yet theres 3 ponds up front that have been over hunted and no birds

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
              They released some in nails and birch.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
              https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish...stocking.phtml

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                not all counties have a ML season. Lee does, reason why theyre letting us continue hunting. Dont sweat what a different game warden said for a different county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                That is super interesting considering state regs do not allow you to use archery equipment during muzzleloading season, somerville WMA being a state owned area you would think they would follow the state rules. that they are allowing the archery season to be extended.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  That is super interesting considering state regs do not allow you to use archery equipment during muzzleloading season, somerville WMA being a state owned area you would think they would follow the state rules. that they are allowing the archery season to be extended.
                  Shhhhhhhhh let's not draw attention to this to much lol dont need all other folks showing up lol

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                    Shhhhhhhhh let's not draw attention to this to much lol dont need all other folks showing up lol

Whats to stop a Game Warden from writing a citation for bow hunting in extended muzzleloading season at Somerville, just curious? Its not like the draw hunts where they issue eveyone special hunt permits and tags if you shoot a deer, on those they can basically set their own rules. For example the Bastrop state park antlerless/spike hunt they're conducting this week, even though deer season is over now for that county. I wonder if the somerville WMA folks aren't mis-understanding the state regs, or maybe they can set their own season dates/weapons restrictions since this is a APH permit required area?
                    Last edited by bossbowman; 01-09-2019, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      Whats to stop a Game Warden from writing a citation for bow hunting in extended muzzleloading season at Somerville, just curious? Its not like the draw hunts where they issue eveyone special hunt permits and tags if you shoot a deer, on those they can basically set their own rules. For example the Bastrop state park antlerless/spike hunt they're conducting this week, even though deer season is over now for that county. I wonder if the somerville WMA folks aren't mis-understanding the state regs, or maybe they can set their own season dates/weapons restrictions since this is a APH permit required area?
                      0% chance I was stopped yesterday and nothing was said iv not only talked to the local GW but am the one who email HQ it's still just buck only until the 20th but just saying dont want all other Public land hunters to know that we have this extended season lol

Comment

How's the water looking this week at 4&5?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
                          How's the water looking this week at 4&5?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk
                          Water should be down by now

Comment

Comment

Pics from yesterday and today. Gonna try to kayak in. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bullwinkle View Post

Very nice! Pig killing time!!

Comment

Working...
                                X