Old sabine bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
    Really kinda ironic how close You and white falcon are to sure a resource and don’t even use it.

I have used it. Not a South TX. or West TX type of hunting. Hard place to hunt! AS far as deer go, there are more than you think. It is a place you have to put in the work to get the results. Lots of birds there also, ducks, rail, and wood cocks.
    I know what is there as I have been running cameras on the North side of the river at Sharecroppers place. Won't show them all.
    Attached Files

Comment

Water up in pasture . . As white Falcon was walking up after hunt yesterday about 20 Canada geese got up and flew right over us . . Lots of ducks . .

Comment

Water is way way up. Geese were in all over the place yesterday. I think even the Woodcocks left!

Comment

Funny I had geese show up at our dairy today. 1804 still under water?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            Funny I had geese show up at our dairy today. 1804 still under water?
            Yes . . Gonna be a few days . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
              Water up in pasture . . As white Falcon was walking up after hunt yesterday about 20 Canada geese got up and flew right over us . . Lots of ducks . .
              I think those geese are residents, have seen them a couple times since October. I am not far as the goose flies from you

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                I think those geese are residents, have seen them a couple times since October. I am not far as the goose flies from you
                I had a pair that visited every year . . Must have been a hell of a hatch . . lol . .

Comment

I will be up in Longview for Thanksgiving with family and I got a 2-day pass from my wife to try to hunt public land for my first time. Old Sabine Bottom is what I am thinking. Looks like everything I read is about the terrain conditions out there.

Does anyone know what the conditions are like right now? I won't be up there until the end of November, but figured I would start thinking about it now.

Anyone have any tips for the area? Places to avoid or just general tips for public land hunting?

Comment

As of now it’s accessible. Saturday evening the parking lot on 1804 was as full as I figured. Make sure there ain’t a draw hunt going then. And if it’s been raining a lot in the week prior to the hunt check back in. It can go under water fast!

Comment

The main entrance is closed for repairs, should be open in a couple weeks. 1804 parking lot has been packed every time I’ve hunted or just driven by. I’m new to East Texas and only hunted OSB a few times and still haven’t seen a deer from the 1804 access. Sign is scarce as well.
                      If anyone wants to help a new guy out, I’m open to all suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by thelongchamp View Post
                        The main entrance is closed for repairs, should be open in a couple weeks. 1804 parking lot has been packed every time I’ve hunted or just driven by. I’m new to East Texas and only hunted OSB a few times and still haven’t seen a deer from the 1804 access. Sign is scarce as well.
                        If anyone wants to help a new guy out, I’m open to all suggestions
                        Try a different wma that doesn't suck Blows my mind how full that 1804 parking lot gets compared to how few deer are on that place. Maybe they are hunting skeeters.

Comment

Originally posted by LeanMachine View Post
                          Try a different wma that doesn't suck Blows my mind how full that 1804 parking lot gets compared to how few deer are on that place. Maybe they are hunting skeeters.
                          Lol. I think the same thing every time I drive past it. Good info on main entrance, didn’t know that. Wonder how oil company is getting in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Lol. I think the same thing every time I drive past it. Good info on main entrance, didn’t know that. Wonder how oil company is getting in there?
                            They are having to wade the old channel

Comment

Working...
                            X