Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMS View Post
    The totes like smart has hold around 1200 lbs.
    That is 1200 lbs there in the first pic....1200 might be a tad overfilled...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      That is 1200 lbs there in the first pic....1200 might be a tad overfilled...
      Your right! Probably closer to 1000 lbs would fill one of those. That shovel is perfect for cottonseed!
      You’ll need a tarp to cover it or you’ll lose a lot on the highway.

Comment

In my experience I would not put corn on top or mix with the cotton seed. Coons will scatter your seed everywhere. Just pour heavy around the base. I have also gotten some molasses from like academy or tractor supply and you can pour in top.

Prob doesn't make a huge difference as they will prob eat all of it eventually either way.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys!!! Looking forward to putting some out. Hoping to knock the feed bill down a little since it’s cheaper than protein. Either way we will keep both out steady with the consumption rate. Y’alls pictures got me pumped up about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

West bound!! How many times do you think my kids will ask, “Are we there yet??” Closest’s guess wins a steak dinner at the lease. Haha

The guys are picking up the cottonseed in Wall as we speak. Hope these Water Valley deer take to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
              West bound!! How many times do you think my kids will ask, “Are we there yet??” Closest’s guess wins a steak dinner at the lease. Haha

The guys are picking up the cottonseed in Wall as we speak. Hope these Water Valley deer take to it.

I was on a lease a couple years on the road into your place and they ate it great there.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                I was on a lease a couple years on the road into your place and they ate it great there.

Awesome!! Sounds like we got about 2.5 tons to put out. Thanks for the info.

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Cottonseed topped off today and 25 coon traps set. Found 2 sheds by both of my bow stands and 1 at a lease member’s pen. Gonna be a full day tomorrow, but it sure is nice to be at the lease. The weather is perfect!

Last edited by 8pointer; 03-02-2018, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Looking good Zach....

Sure hope next weekend's weather is the same.

Comment

Heck yeah Zack...that ought to put a dent in those corn bandits! Be safe and watch for the rattle bugs.

Comment

Good luck fellas

Comment

Had 3 tons protein delivered to Our feed barn two weeks ago and still haven’t had a chance to put it out. Hopefully I can next week.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                            Had 3 tons protein delivered to Our feed barn two weeks ago and still haven’t had a chance to put it out. Hopefully I can next week.

Slacker!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Slacker!!!
                              Been wiring my new shop. Should have just paid someone...lots easier lol.

Comment

Great weekend out west. Cottonseed is out, but discovered the deer have almost gone through the 4.5 tons of protein we put out a few weeks ago. Also managed to find a few sheds and get a little predator hunting in. Headed home with two wore out little boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X