Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
    Overall a fairly slow weekend for us. Had my boys out trying to get my oldest on an old 8 that might as well be called ghost. Saw lots of younger bucks on feed but not many of the mature deer. Full moon they were out all night with a couple cams getting 250+ pics a night. Had a great couple days with boys so can’t complain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time spent in the woods with your boys is waaaay more important than killin !!............but killiin is important too....

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
      Time spent in the woods with your boys is waaaay more important than killin !!............but killiin is important too....

For sure

Comment

Hard to get motivated to hunt with it going to be 80-90 degrees this weekend. I may just wait till next week. Anyone going to sweat this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          Hard to get motivated to hunt with it going to be 80-90 degrees this weekend. I may just wait till next week. Anyone going to sweat this weekend?

Nope.... passing it up for next weekend. Gonna put in 4 days before the boomstick neighbors start showing up.

Comment

Wanted to post this little guy before another west Texas giant on our lease gets posted. All joking aside I’m very proud of this buck. Was on the fence about him from TC pics and from the one sit I watched him. Ended up coming in on me the morning of October 13th with some other great bucks and proved to me he was dominant and mature. Got some great video that I’ll post once I figure out how to. He gave me a great quartering away shot, and dropped 40 yards later. It’s amazing what kind of year we’re having out west and it’s just a testament to the hard work, sweat and blood put in the last 4 years by our group. We truly have an amazing camp and I look forward to see what the future has in store. All glory to God and what he’s provided us.

Comment

Good one jzoch. I’m going to try and hunt some this weekend.

I don’t remember if I posted this deer or not but my oldest boy shot one of our mgmt bucks. Took me two days to find it and it only went about 150-175 yards. Waist high broomweeds in this area.

Comment

At least somebody in the Howard family knows how to kill stuff, for a while I thought you were teaching him to be a deer watcher like yourself.

Comment

Good job Jared, he’s got some great character.

Comment

Crongrats on the two bucks, good looking deer.

Ashton did a little doe management for us this past Saturday evening off our Christoval lease.

Hope all are doing well and best of luck to all.

Rwc
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                      Wanted to post this little guy before another west Texas giant on our lease gets posted. All joking aside I’m very proud of this buck. Was on the fence about him from TC pics and from the one sit I watched him. Ended up coming in on me the morning of October 13th with some other great bucks and proved to me he was dominant and mature. Got some great video that I’ll post once I figure out how to. He gave me a great quartering away shot, and dropped 40 yards later. It’s amazing what kind of year we’re having out west and it’s just a testament to the hard work, sweat and blood put in the last 4 years by our group. We truly have an amazing camp and I look forward to see what the future has in store. All glory to God and what he’s provided us.

Congrats again on ol 131

Comment

Congrats on the kills everyone.

Comment

I also got a good buck on the 12th. Ended up having to have Jzoch his dad and the dog track him around 1300 yards the next day. Luckily it was cold that weekend and all the meat was still good.

Comment

1300 yards is a LONG way. Nice deer!

Comment

Ashton great job on the doe killin’ that’s always fun!
                              Jzoch and Hookem those are nice bucks congratulations.
                              I am hunting hard for my buck this year mat have to wait for rut!

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post

Well said. Awesome deer buddy! Congrats again.

Comment

Working...
                                X