Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2020, 05:58 AM   #151
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I had a fellow book a trip to check out the lake. He is retiring soon and trying to decide where he wants to live. LOP is looking pretty good to him right now. Steve is a excellent fisherman and beat up some mighty fine fish with several over 2 pound, 2 pounds 6 oz being the best. All fish caught in the bodark trees in 25 of water on jigs

Attachment 989509



Attachment 989510



Attachment 989511
Enjoy them giant fish Buff we catch these 11 inchers

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 06:20 AM   #152
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
I new you were going to show off. That looks badazz Mike

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Thanks. I stole the idea of making it removeable from you. But I changed it enough so you cant sue me
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 06:30 AM   #153
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Thanks. I stole the idea of making it removeable from you. But I changed it enough so you cant sue me
You do some nice work. I know who to call on my next project. Let me know when you go on your maden voyage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 09:44 AM   #154
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
You do some nice work. I know who to call on my next project. Let me know when you go on your maden voyage

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Thanks, I dont know though, Im pretty expensive. One of the reasons I said I regretted doing it about halfway through is because apparently, I cant even afford me
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-27-2020, 10:51 AM   #155
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Thanks, I dont know though, Im pretty expensive. One of the reasons I said I regretted doing it about halfway through is because apparently, I cant even afford me

that's how I feel about tying jigs!
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2020, 12:01 PM   #156
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slew View Post
that's how I feel about tying jigs!

Tied 1.5 dozen yesterday! Got my cost down to about $20 a jig at this point!

I should have never started this crap!!!
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-29-2020, 01:53 PM   #157
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

I just ordered some screwlock head's . Who knows when I will get them he doesn't seem to be in a big hurry . I will keep using rubber

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 08:08 AM   #158
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
I just ordered some screwlock head's . Who knows when I will get them he doesn't seem to be in a big hurry . I will keep using rubber

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Who did you order them from? Steve at Limits Tackle usually pours my order the next day after I order it! Mustad hooks and real fair prices too.
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 09:25 AM   #159
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

I've got Sunday and next weekend open if somebody wants to chase big crappie! Full day for 1/2 day price. After that it's tourney season and my availability is limited! I can do weekdays with some notice.

I feel another 3 pounder is close!
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 09:31 AM   #160
hogslayer78
Pope & Young
 
hogslayer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Porter, Tx
Hunt In: San Augustine
Default

My son has been a tying us some getting ready to start hitting them up! Been super busy at work and hoping to get after some real soon!
Attached Images
 
hogslayer78 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 09:44 AM   #161
The Gipper
Eight Point
 
The Gipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rockwall
Hunt In: Hardeman Co
Default

Went out to Lavon last Saturday it was pretty slow only ended up with 9 Crappie. One of the crappir had this in is mouth. Maybe I should have been using larger jigs!

[ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Images
 
The Gipper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 10:29 AM   #162
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogslayer78 View Post
My son has been a tying us some getting ready to start hitting them up! Been super busy at work and hoping to get after some real soon!
Those look good! I lose em too fast to build a stockpile!
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 10:41 AM   #163
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Nevermind. I just saw your other post and got my question answered.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 11:21 AM   #164
Dru
Ten Point
 
Dru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Thanks. I stole the idea of making it removeable from you. But I changed it enough so you cant sue me
https://youtu.be/pFeMzdknhJc

Have you seen this
Dru is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 03:38 PM   #165
hogslayer78
Pope & Young
 
hogslayer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Porter, Tx
Hunt In: San Augustine
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slew View Post
Those look good! I lose em too fast to build a stockpile!
Thanks man. What do you think about this color and set up? He just tied some like this the other day? I think they should be killer, looks alot like a minnow to me?
Attached Images
 
hogslayer78 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 04:28 PM   #166
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru View Post
https://youtu.be/pFeMzdknhJc

Have you seen this
No sir. Is that you?
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 04:54 PM   #167
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Lord willing I will be taking the livescope out for its first run tomorrow. Trying to decide which part of Conroe I should target.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 06:45 PM   #168
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru View Post
https://youtu.be/pFeMzdknhJc

Have you seen this

Dru! Whats you up to feller?
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-30-2020, 07:06 PM   #169
TeamAmerica
Ten Point
 
TeamAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Lord willing I will be taking the livescope out for its first run tomorrow. Trying to decide which part of Conroe I should target.
Report back!
TeamAmerica is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 07:21 AM   #170
Buff
Pope & Young
 
Buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AvingerTX
Hunt In: The World
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogslayer78 View Post
Thanks man. What do you think about this color and set up? He just tied some like this the other day? I think they should be killer, looks alot like a minnow to me?
Looks good.
As for myself, I seem to have better luck with a shorter thicker tail.
Name:  IMG_3447.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  85.5 KB
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 09:57 AM   #171
Dru
Ten Point
 
Dru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
No sir. Is that you?
No Bradley is a friend of mine and I worked with Matt when I was on the Bass Zone. I was amazed at the ability to target individual fish. It's changed the game for both crappie and bass.
Dru is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 10:00 AM   #172
Dru
Ten Point
 
Dru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Dru! Whats you up to feller?
I'm good sir. Looking forward to some warm weather and fishing. I hope all is good with you.
Dru is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 04:18 PM   #173
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post
Report back!
Livescope worked well. No problems. Fished a couple of brush piles on the south end of Conroe. Could see the fish when they came out of the brush, much harder to see them in the brush than on a tree or pillar. Not much timber where I was. Did check out the power line poles and could see them well.

Only problem is apparently even with livescope you still have to get them to bite

Only caught 7, plus one hybrid bass. Largest was 15" long, scale showed 2lb even. Thats a big one for me.

Should have gone to the north end timber.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 04:28 PM   #174
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Livescope worked well. No problems. Fished a couple of brush piles on the south end of Conroe. Could see the fish when they came out of the brush, much harder to see them in the brush than on a tree or pillar. Not much timber where I was. Did check out the power line poles and could see them well.



Only problem is apparently even with livescope you still have to get them to bite



Only caught 7, plus one hybrid bass. Largest was 15" long, scale showed 2lb even. Thats a big one for me.



Should have gone to the north end timber.
Stay out of there

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 04:34 PM   #175
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Guys, I havent looked in about a year but what is the ballpark cost to get set up with the livescope now? Ive got a 17.5 bass tracker I use on a 850 acre lake. This will probably cost more than my boat is worth lol.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 04:41 PM   #176
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Stay out of there

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
What u tryin to say

Name:  attachment.jpeg
Views: 384
Size:  23.4 KB
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 04:58 PM   #177
TeamAmerica
Ten Point
 
TeamAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Guys, I havent looked in about a year but what is the ballpark cost to get set up with the livescope now? Ive got a 17.5 bass tracker I use on a 850 acre lake. This will probably cost more than my boat is worth lol.
Minimum retail now is about $1950. This includes the echomap 93sv plus, LVS32 transducer and GLS10 black box. Russell Marine and some others have been selling this package but the 93sv's are discontinued so the price will go up when you can only buy the new UHD model. I would also budget another $300 or so for mounts and install accessories depending on the setup you have now.

I think Garmin is doing a $200 rebate in February but not sure on the details or what you have to buy. I wouldn't hesitate to put it on a tracker (guess what i have a 2007 tracker!). I think you treat it like a budget for a gun and scope. gotta find the right balance.
TeamAmerica is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 07:32 PM   #178
rtp
Pope & Young
 
rtp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Fulshear, Texas
Hunt In: open range
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAmerica View Post
Minimum retail now is about $1950. This includes the echomap 93sv plus, LVS32 transducer and GLS10 black box. Russell Marine and some others have been selling this package but the 93sv's are discontinued so the price will go up when you can only buy the new UHD model. I would also budget another $300 or so for mounts and install accessories depending on the setup you have now.

I think Garmin is doing a $200 rebate in February but not sure on the details or what you have to buy. I wouldn't hesitate to put it on a tracker (guess what i have a 2007 tracker!). I think you treat it like a budget for a gun and scope. gotta find the right balance.
Thank you. That's actually a lot less than I was expecting. My 2005 bass tracker has been flawless for me all these years. The only thing Ive had to replace or repair was a worn out live well pump. And that took all of about 10 minutes.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 07:44 PM   #179
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
Thank you. That's actually a lot less than I was expecting. My 2005 bass tracker has been flawless for me all these years. The only thing Ive had to replace or repair was a worn out live well pump. And that took all of about 10 minutes.
Mine is a 2002, and Im pretty sure the electronics are worth more than the boat! ( but I love it )
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 07:53 PM   #180
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Mine is a 2002, and Im pretty sure the electronics are worth more than the boat! ( but I love it )
Ordered a new Yamaha 200 today. Broke down yesterday on the lake.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 08:25 PM   #181
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Ordered a new Yamaha 200 today. Broke down yesterday on the lake.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Dang hate to hear that! Congrats on the new one though. I bet that hurt...
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 08:34 PM   #182
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Dang hate to hear that! Congrats on the new one though. I bet that hurt...
Yeah but it's 18 years old.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 09:18 PM   #183
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Ordered a new Yamaha 200 today. Broke down yesterday on the lake.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
That sucks!!!

Had to work for em today but still managed 5 qt bags and 14.74 on best 7.
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2020, 09:31 PM   #184
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slew View Post
That sucks!!!

Had to work for em today but still managed 5 qt bags and 14.74 on best 7.
Boo, I mean congrats

Looks like I may be free a bit tomorrow, thinking about going again...but midlake or north side.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 09:05 AM   #185
Keith
Administrator
 
Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1998
Location: Sulphur Springs, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
Mine is a 2002, and Im pretty sure the electronics are worth more than the boat! ( but I love it )
My boat is a 1986, and I KNOW my electronics cost more than my boat motor and trailer combined! 34 years old and still running, so far.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 01:53 PM   #186
TeamAmerica
Ten Point
 
TeamAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
Yeah but it's 18 years old.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
How long is the wait on a new one?
TeamAmerica is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 02:55 PM   #187
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

They have one in Beaumont. Beard marine had the best prices up in Texarkana

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 05:55 PM   #188
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
My boat is a 1986, and I KNOW my electronics cost more than my boat motor and trailer combined! 34 years old and still running, so far.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I saw 2 chinamen in a plastic boat with a 3hp strung on the back.

On 6 foot of boat they had GPS trolling motor and a 10 or 12" screen depth finder. Wife and I pulled up and snatched fish out from under them. They left

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 07:18 PM   #189
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

Put 100 extra large black crappie and 10 pounds of minnow in my stock tank today.
Attached Images
 
rut-ro is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #190
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Little over 15 pounds today! One more trip tomorrow then I get to get some rest at the office!��
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 07:25 PM   #191
Texas Grown
Pope & Young
 
Texas Grown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Burleson, Texas
Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
Put 100 extra large black crappie and 10 pounds of minnow in my stock tank today.

Where, is your stock tank?










J/k of course. If the tank is big enough, you should have a good harvest in 2 years.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #192
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
Put 100 extra large black crappie and 10 pounds of minnow in my stock tank today.
Nice fish

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 07:35 PM   #193
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slew View Post
Little over 15 pounds today! One more trip tomorrow then I get to get some rest at the office!��
Well I know where your not fishing

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2020, 09:07 PM   #194
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Where, is your stock tank?










J/k of course. If the tank is big enough, you should have a good harvest in 2 years.
LOL right, This tank is in Normangee. Its 2.5 surface acres and ranges from 8-20 foot deep. Two years ago when it was dug I put several man made structures in different parts of the pond. We stocked it with several pounds of flathead minnows and several hundred small perch. each year we add several dozen pounds of minnows . The natural grass in the pond is doing great. I am really looking forward to having a good batch of Crappie in a couple years. With the amount of money it cost to dig a tank, add fish and feed them I could have bought a nice boat. However, this will be my honey hole and I won't have to get up early to beat anyone to it LOL.
rut-ro is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2020, 05:06 AM   #195
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young
 
Snowflake Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
LOL right, This tank is in Normangee. Its 2.5 surface acres and ranges from 8-20 foot deep. Two years ago when it was dug I put several man made structures in different parts of the pond. We stocked it with several pounds of flathead minnows and several hundred small perch. each year we add several dozen pounds of minnows . The natural grass in the pond is doing great. I am really looking forward to having a good batch of Crappie in a couple years. With the amount of money it cost to dig a tank, add fish and feed them I could have bought a nice boat. However, this will be my honey hole and I won't have to get up early to beat anyone to it LOL.
That sounds really nice. Any pics of the before and after of the lake. I enjoy that stuff

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2020, 07:48 AM   #196
TeamAmerica
Ten Point
 
TeamAmerica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slew View Post
Little over 15 pounds today! One more trip tomorrow then I get to get some rest at the office!��
About time to get relegated to division 2....don't worry you can work your way back up!
TeamAmerica is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2020, 08:39 AM   #197
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
That sounds really nice. Any pics of the before and after of the lake. I enjoy that stuff

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I will have to dig them up. But we got them.
rut-ro is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #198
miket
Pope & Young
 
miket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Plantersville
Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria
Default

Well heck. Went to Conroe again today. Launched out of Scotts Ridge and headed to the bridge. Looked at about 10-15 sets of pillars and saw very few fish. No bites. Headed north to some stumps, about 15' of water and caught a pretty decent catfish and a couple of green trash fish. No crappie. Moved to some submerged stumps on a point in 25' or so and stumbled on a big group of brush piles. Had a couple of bites and finally caught one. Later moved to the stumps near the ramp and blanked again ( couple of catfish ).

During all this I scanned dozens and dozens of trees and saw almost no fish on em..

Dont know whats going on. Was starting to think I had learned how to catch em.....now I done forgot again.....
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2020, 02:11 PM   #199
Quackerbox
Pope & Young
 
Quackerbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Magnolia
Hunt In: The woods
Default

All these live bait haters. Look what the dang jigs caught. Smh and show me the minners

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #200
Buff
Pope & Young
 
Buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AvingerTX
Hunt In: The World
Default

Kim brought Mike to LOP for his birthday hoping for some big fish. Mike is a long time Crappie fisherman but he had never broke the 2# mark. The fishing was slow for numbers but they caught a nice mess of fish with 6 or 7 over 2 pounds. Mike caught 2 back to back that weighed 2 pounds 9 oz.
All fish caught on standing timber with hand tied jigs. The fish were extremely spooky today but the lake has taken a pounding over the last few weeks.
Name:  6E5FA69F-3AF9-413A-8812-EACBCD8931AA.jpeg
Views: 248
Size:  163.0 KB

Name:  1F837462-BA43-4B02-8C8E-7EE59556BF68.jpeg
Views: 247
Size:  124.2 KB

Name:  E6322E70-78FD-4D55-B144-310B53EC5946.jpeg
Views: 234
Size:  78.3 KB

Name:  5D7AE217-14D4-4F7B-89AC-3296D07C7526.jpeg
Views: 231
Size:  99.4 KB

Name:  1E9E3C2C-16C9-4AC6-9341-464645EAF136.jpeg
Views: 236
Size:  79.6 KB
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com