Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 05-22-2020, 10:56 PM   #751
Slew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: nowhere close to home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemo View Post
What Lake are you guiding on? I’m from Matagorda, Wednesday’s are my days off.
Thanks
I can do Palestine. Fork. Tawakoni or pines. Palestine is gonna be the closest to you. I have folks drive from Houston and meet me about 9-930 and we fish and they go home that night sometimes. Wednesday’s are a great day for me. Momma doesn’t go to work till late
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2020, 06:50 AM   #752
Cantcatch5
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slew View Post
Heck yeah! He looks dried out in that picture!!

Even got Craig in the background!
Yea, he eventually dried out...it took a while for me to stop laughing so that I could pull him back in the boat LOL! He is definitely a good fisherman and a great sidekick but graceful he is not! I was proud he didn’t let go of his rod and didn’t lose his sunglasses or flip flops 🤣 Craig loaded right behind us and Clay was just before us.

Saltwater Stalker that is actually the worst fish cleaning station on Palestine...it could be improved with some rock, it’s a mud hole around it. The villages is better (you don’t have to haul off the guts there) and I have heard there is one up north at Westbury Landing that is even better.
Cantcatch5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #753
Keith
Administrator

I booked a guided trip with Slew for my son's graduation. We went to Lake Fork, but delayed the trip for an hour to let some thunderstorms pass by before launching. The forecast called for 8-10 mph, but we had 15-20 mph all day. Because of the high winds, he wasn't able to fish where he had planned to. We culled most crappie that were shorter than 12" and still cleaned about 47. Todd's a great guy, and he definitely knows how to find and catch crappie. We fished standing timber using Garmin Livescope, which is awesome. We were glad to be in his sweet Ranger, it handled the white caps and rollers great. Logan and I are both fried, we used sun screen, but should have reapplied it several more times during the day. Anyone looking for a crappie guide in NE TX should contact Todd.

I'll post a picture or two from my laptop, since I don't have Tap-a-crap Pro anymore.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2020, 08:07 PM   #754
Keith
Administrator

Here are a few pictures. As you can see both Logan and I have not been able to get haircuts since the Covid-19 junk a couple of months ago.
Attached Images

Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-23-2020, 09:25 PM   #755
BarW
Eight Point

Hunt In: Tyler, Polk, Angelina counties, Colorado

Got enough for a small fish fry this time.
Pontoon boats are thick as the hair on a dogs back right now. I'm praying most of them boys dont know how to fish cause if they do crappie are gonna be endangered.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
BarW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2020, 06:35 PM   #756
Slew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: nowhere close to home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I booked a guided trip with Slew for my son's graduation. We went to Lake Fork, but delayed the trip for an hour to let some thunderstorms pass by before launching. The forecast called for 8-10 mph, but we had 15-20 mph all day. Because of the high winds, he wasn't able to fish where he had planned to. We culled most crappie that were shorter than 12" and still cleaned about 47. Todd's a great guy, and he definitely knows how to find and catch crappie. We fished standing timber using Garmin Livescope, which is awesome. We were glad to be in his sweet Ranger, it handled the white caps and rollers great. Logan and I are both fried, we used sun screen, but should have reapplied it several more times during the day. Anyone looking for a crappie guide in NE TX should contact Todd.

I'll post a picture or two from my laptop, since I don't have Tap-a-crap Pro anymore.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks again! Hope y’all enjoy your fish fry tomorrow! Beat up on some lake Fork crappie again on today’s trip. Looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow and cooking ribs! The wind was a repeat of yesterday almost! March winds in May!! Dang! Them little Richland chambers crappie better look out next weekend
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-24-2020, 06:48 PM   #757
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Here are a few pictures. As you can see both Logan and I have not been able to get haircuts since the Covid-19 junk a couple of months ago.

Man! I can't believe how much Logan has grown!

And I wouldn't have recognized ya with that long hair Keith.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top