New flounder Regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
    Then what’s their purpose if they can’t influence the regulatory agency that’s aligned with their area of focus?
    TPWD and CCA agree on most, if not all, issues from the recreational anglers perspective. They have the same goals in regards to recreational fisheries.

CCA can publicize, lobby, and advocate in a way that TPWD employees can't.

For instance, if TPWD biologists decided that the only solution to the flounder problem was to declare it a gamefish, they can present the data and their recommendation to the TPW commission, who then would have to find a congressman to support the bill and try to push it through the legislature. They can't advocate for that in the public. CCA can actively lobby congressman for support, hearings, votes, etc.

Recently, CCA voiced opposition to the Port of Corpus Christi's proposed channel deepening project. These type of bureaucracies are much more likely to be someone that CCA butts heads with than TPWD. This is the kind of issue that TPWD can't publicly advocate for or against.

CCA and TPWD want the same thing for recreational fisherman, more fish to catch now and in the future. That is why they are nearly always aligned.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
      The tail doesn't wag the dog. CCA has never gotten TPWD to do anything that it didn't want to do.
      Whatever you say!

Comment

TPWD and CCA agree on most, if not all, issues from the recreational anglers perspective. They have the same goals in regards to recreational fisheries.

CCA can publicize, lobby, and advocate in a way that TPWD employees can't.

For instance, if TPWD biologists decided that the only solution to the flounder problem was to declare it a gamefish, they can present the data and their recommendation to the TPW commission, who then would have to find a congressman to support the bill and try to push it through the legislature. They can't advocate for that in the public. CCA can actively lobby congressman for support, hearings, votes, etc.

Recently, CCA voiced opposition to the Port of Corpus Christi's proposed channel deepening project. These type of bureaucracies are much more likely to be someone that CCA butts heads with than TPWD. This is the kind of issue that TPWD can't publicly advocate for or against.

CCA and TPWD want the same thing for recreational fisherman, more fish to catch now and in the future. That is why they are nearly always aligned.

So CCA is a PAC targeting Bureaucrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
          So CCA is a PAC targeting Bureaucrats.
          Lobbying is one of the things they do, but I wouldn’t call them a PAC targeting bureaucrats.
          Last edited by El General; 05-22-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

The tail doesn't wag the dog. CCA has never gotten TPWD to do anything that it didn't want to do.
            You have some accurate knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
              Apples to oranges there bud... you can't fairly compare bag limits until you have the same populations of fish in each state.
              I can tell you aren't familiar with my part of the state.. i fish sabine lake.. one side is Texas and the other Louisiana.. same water same 2 rivers feed it but I can keep more fish by launching 20 min from the house vs 5 min from the house ..

Comment

looks like they just disagreed on the flounder regs...

Comment

Everybody that’s upset should boycott TPW, hit them where it hurts. Stop buying a license and fishing here in Texas. Louisiana has tons of fish and liberal bag limits.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    Everybody that’s upset should boycott TPW, hit them where it hurts. Stop buying a license and fishing here in Texas. Louisiana has tons of fish and liberal bag limits.
                    I'm ready to look at some new water

Comment

It sucks they are closing down the entire fishery for 6 weeks in the fall. I have a lot of great childhood memories fishing the fall run with my dad and grandpa. I don't know why, but something about hitting up the Galveston channel after the first hard cold front used to just be the thing to do.

With that said, flounder really aren't hard to catch in the spring and summer months. The fact is, the majority of rec fishermen simply don't target flounder outside of the fall run. If you are persistent and learn to fish marsh drains, mouths of bayous, etc., on out-going tides, you will find flounder.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                        CCA is a joke.. Just take away from the weekend anglers while giving Commercial fishermen whatever they want.. Just like with anything else, just follow the money
                        CCA has definitely become a joke, just a social club for the haves now

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          I'm ready to look at some new water

I hear Mexico fishing is off the chain.

Comment

This is sure going to suck come Nov.!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              Bellyache all you want to about the CCA but, tell me, what organization do you BELONG to that does more for our coastal resources? Just like those that cry and whine about the NRA but don't put their money where their mouth is. I have belonged to the GCCA since it's second year (now the CCA) and I don't agree with everything they do. I call them and let them know.

Right there with you. Everybody is a Monday morning quarterback these days. Nothing is perfect, likewise any collectively run organization. If people did a more responsible job managing their resources the less the gov’t would be doing it.

[emoji1662]

Comment

New flounder Regulations

Duplicate
                                Last edited by kyle1974; 09-06-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X