PVC Fitting Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PVC Fitting Storage

Looking for good way to store PVC fittings. Going back to the big box store is a real time killer for me. So when I buy PVC fittings I always buy a few extra to have on hand and maybe avoid a trip the next time I need one. I like to be able to grab a bucket of stuff and go rather than having to remember everything I need. Right now I keep a 5 gallon bucket of fittings with the primer, glue and cutter. Fittings are stored in ziplok bags by size and type. The fittings I need are always at the bottom of the bucket along with the glue. So I have to empty the whole bucket to get what I need. Looking for ideas to improve on the bucket.

Tagged

Comment

I've just got the bucket for 1/2" and another for 3/4" and another for 1". If I used those things every day I might think of something else.

Comment

I think keep out of Light for long term storage (Sun or Bulbs) As for separating I just dig!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
          I've just got the bucket for 1/2" and another for 3/4" and another for 1". If I used those things every day I might think of something else.
          ^^...or milk crates

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
            ^^...or milk crates
            Not quite to the same level as the sprinkler guys.

Comment

Great big ol' plastic tool box......I just dump and dig....too many different types to sort into groups

Comment

I use the clear totes with lids from lowes. It's alot easier to access and view what's located inside.
                I also have Teflon tape, tape measure with the other items you've listed

Comment

i put them in a egg crate and put on shelf

Comment

I have a couple of Old Type ( Nail Boxes ) Totes. that I built a little bigger for PVC fittings

Think of Junior High Shop Class projects.

Comment

I use these, they hold a lot of stuff and are moveable.

https://akro-mils.com/Products/Types.../AWS2460M30358

Comment

clear plastic flat tub.

Just make sure you tighten your glue when you drop everything in the tub.

or you will end up and a tub full of glued parts. and have to start all over.

Comment

My well guy showed up with all of his in a big duffel bag.

Comment

I use filing cabinets.8 drawers full. In each drawer are smaller clear shoe box size containers.

Comment

They sell some trays you can drop in a 5gal bucket. One per size would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X