No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang looks like a good day on the dig site!! Keep em coming I am showing my nephews this thread to see if I can spark some interest in the arrows.

What size screen do you use??

Comment

It's half inch mesh right now, but we were speculating that 3/8 might work better. It's hard to find.

Comment

Dug a little this morning and found some super interesting stuff.

Found the first Hardin i have ever seen from East tx and it is petrified palm wood. The books say they are here but its the first I have seen.

Found an unidentified translucent point made from the same material as a Scotty I found last week. Dont know what it is but it is OLD.

Found an exhausted paleo point.
        (more in next post)
        Attached Files

Comment

Found another nice PW blade

A killer stem ground Wells/Coryell

another MFG point and a bunch more goodies.
          Attached Files

Comment

nice!

Comment

In the last pic the point in the bottom center is way cool. The white is almost like an inlay.

Looks like it may shoot a tad left though

I forgot to add: As long as you keep posting on this thread, I'll keep looking
              Last edited by cheez; 08-30-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Looks like your best day in a long time. That Coryell is something else. Get back at it!

Comment

Nice haul this morning.

Comment

Very nice!!! Looks like your finding older stuff more common now. Have yall found any gravers yet? They were used to draw the designs on the pottery.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                      Very nice!!! Looks like your finding older stuff more common now. Have yall found any gravers yet? They were used to draw the designs on the pottery.
                      We find quite a few. Dont usually keep them unless they are good material.

Comment

Hope to dig a little in the morning.

Comment

I was waiting for you to post so I could see if you dug today .

Comment

Keep them coming. Can't get enough of this thread. Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              I was waiting for you to post so I could see if you dug today .
                              Nah, Wife was off work so i reintroduced myself to her without the dirt in my ears. Did sneak away and rescreen the sifter though. Good for another 1,000 yds of dirt.

Comment

simply awesome GG

thx for posting your updates sir

Comment

Working...
                                X