No announcement yet.

Do you believe in ghost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe nothing I can't prove by reading the bible. Another word for the Holy Spirit is the Holy Ghost. So to me, a ghost is simply a spirit. The bible teaches us that angels are spirit based entities as are demons. The bible teaches us that demons are fallen angels. There are examples in the bible of how these spirits can indwell other entities. Jesus cast out many demons and even told some they could enter a herd of pigs. I believe the Holy Spirit is in each of us believers. There are also examples in the bible of how spirits without form can take a form and appear to humans. The simplest example of this is how the angel appeared to the sheppards to announce the birth of Christ. There are also many examples of how these angels can cross over to us and go back. Jacob wrestled with the angel of the Lord (Genesis 32:21-32). A chariot of fire came down and took Elijah away (2 Kings 2:11).

To me an answer can be found in the bible to your question. Don't trust my words here, see for yourself. The good part, as you stated, is that you may very well have been visited by an angel. The bad part is it might not have been an angel, but a fallen angel. I do not think you were visited by a dead person.

Comment

Yes! When I was 6 I got up in the middle of the night to get a glass of milk - being that I was 6 I went through the back door to the back porch to pee - then went back inside to get my glass of milk. Our back door had those older metal type blinds that rattled and clanked when you opened the door, everytime. Our back door had the door handle lock and 2 deadbolts. I specifically remember locking all three locks that night before getting my drink because the top lock always stuck and took some umpf to lock it and I was trying to be quite so I didn't wake my parents up. I opened the fridge and pulled the milk out and when I closed the fridge I noticed the back door wide open and something was in the doorway - I remember standing there for what seemed like hours and it was probably only a few seconds before I ran to get my dad. When I woke him up and we wen't into the kitchen the kitchen light was on -- I did not turn it on and the back door was still wide open, I didn't open it, I know I closed it, I did not hear the blinds rattle when it opened. I don't know what I saw, but something was there and I know 100% that I shut and locked that door and short of a couple hits from a sledge hammer or a tornando that door wasn't going to be blown open by the wind especially with both deadbolts. That freaked me out pretty good. I can't explain it to this day but it still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

On another occasion - more recently - in high school we had a school function and were allowed to take our own vehicles. So my buddies and I took my truck and headed to the function - except we had a couple bottle of jack with us. I proceded to get ripped throughout the night and when it came time to leave my friends were not going to let me drive - well I somehow got my keys from one of them got in my truck, locked it then started it thru it in reverse and when backing up almost hit another car - I put it in drive and started out of the parking lot - when I stopped at the exit to look before getting on the road I remember looking in my rearview mirror and I was just able to make the shape of a man out - and I heard the words "Don't do it, you won't make it" 2 times and then I saw my truck wrapped around a big tree on the side of the road that I was going to take home. I remember it clear as day and won't ever forget it. I put it in park and called my buddies over - they drove me home and made sure I got in alright. I can't explain that - maybe it was the booze maybe not - but I know for a fact that had a drove home that night I know I would not have made it. To this day I do not get behind the wheel if I think I might have had to much to drink - everytime I think about it I think back to that incident - guardian angel, maybe who knows.

I am not crazy but I can't explain what I saw or what I heard on those 2 occassions - ghosts, angels, spirits - I don't know, but I know I saw and heard something. There is still to much that is unexplainable in this world for me to say whether I beleive in ghosts and what not - but until it is proven otherwise I will always lean to the side of believing.

Comment

I've never had an experience with anything like that. I've felt that uneasy evil feeling, but I am convinced that it is of the devil. If you ain't in the word and prayed up, get there. I found that I stopped caring about ghosts when I was at ease at calling my Fathers name!

Comment

I haven't ever had anything like that happen to me, but one of my best friends swears up and down he did and he isn't really the type to just make it up

Comment

dont know about ghosts but i definately believe in something unexplainable. Too much wierd stuff used to happen at the house we used to live in. This is going to sound crazy but I swear Im not. Every once in a while when I would be laying in bed It would feel like a hand rubbing you on your chest, plain as day I would be wide awake and it just continued and whatever it was was definately a hand u could feel the fingers. Cant tell u how terrifying that was. I cant tell you how many nights I layed awake petrified. It happened to my mom a few times too so I know I wasnt crazy. Also I had the old school sliding closet doors, they werent terribly hard to slide but they definately took some force, no wind or draft could close them. One night I was wathcing tv in my room and my closet door slammed shut really hard. I thought it was my aunt playing with me so I opened it thinking I was going to bust her and there was no one. Also my mom would always come in my room asking what I wanted and I would ask what she was talking about and she would say that she heard me call her name. Also my brother swears he saw what he could only describe as a "shadow man" in the hallway one day. Lots of other stuff like sinks turning on right infront of us and some other stuff that id rather not talk about because it will make me seem crazy haha. I dont know if theyre ghosts but there was definately something in that house

Comment

les are you the only owner of your house?

are you sure it was waving and not giving her the hook em horn sign....

blake being from LA you better believe in the magic/super natural ....

Comment

cant say that i whole heartedly believe but havent ruled it out. that being said, in an apartment i used to live in the microwave would turn off and on randomly. bad outlet? faulty microwave? who knows but i never payed it much attention but i always said my ghost is hungry. one night about 4 am the lucky girl of the night wakes me up freakin out. she said "WAKE UP, YOUR MICROWAVE IS ON WHO IS HERE?" without even thinking about it, being half asleep i said "my ghost is gettin his midnight snack" 'ol girld packed up and went home. 45 min drive. i laughed the whole next day, she never came back not even during the day i had to go to her house if i wanted to see her from then on

Comment

Me and my wife, before she was my wife were looking for a place to go hang out one nite and I decided I would go to my Grandparents old homeplace. There was no electricity so we brought a few candles for lite. Well one thing led to another and I was laid out on a old couch in the master bedroom trying to regain my breath. I opened my eyes to see a lady standing in the bathroom doorway. I said Mandi we better get going. Bout that time the door leading from the kitchen opened and there walked in my wife. I dang near had a heart attack. Untill this day I don't know who was standing in the other doorway! I don't know what it was but I know what I saw! I know this sounds squirrely but it did happen, and I was on no kind of drugs!

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                    cant say that i whole heartedly believe but havent ruled it out. that being said, in an apartment i used to live in the microwave would turn off and on randomly. bad outlet? faulty microwave? who knows but i never payed it much attention but i always said my ghost is hungry. one night about 4 am the lucky girl of the night wakes me up freakin out. she said "WAKE UP, YOUR MICROWAVE IS ON WHO IS HERE?" without even thinking about it, being half asleep i said "my ghost is gettin his midnight snack" 'ol girld packed up and went home. 45 min drive. i laughed the whole next day, she never came back not even during the day i had to go to her house if i wanted to see her from then on
                    LMAO, and YES i do believe.

Comment

I lived in Dallas in the 80's and we had the ghost of the Lady of the Lake out at White Rock lake, the stories alone would give me nightmares...

Comment

I don't know if i belive in Ghost are not. I do however belive in the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. I have had some weird experiences that are totally unexplainable.

A prelude history of my house. belonged to grandparents before they passed away. There is an old "colored" jail cell on the property that was used to hold prisoners while they were working on nearby farms. Grandparents had a house keeper who was an older hispanic lady who practiced old hispanic traditions. she claimed to have seen to different ghost, one on inside one on outside. the one on inside was a white man and was nice, the one on outside was a black man and was not as nice. grandpa told me once that he has seen the inside one in one of the hallways.

One night i was home alone, parents were out of state i think, i was in my room and was on the computer. probally on the green screen or facebook but not sure. whenever i'm home alone i usually have certain lights on and certain doors closed, to let me know of any activity going on that i'm not participating in. the bedroom doors down the hall were all close and the hall light on. i know this because i had just came back from getting a Dr. Pepper and i remember looking down the hall to make sure the doors were shut and light was on. after sitting down with my back to the wall where i can see my windows and doors, i continued on the computer. a few minutes later i heard the door down the hall open and slam shut and heard foot steps running down the hall! i said a few words and grabbed my pistol. i 'sliced the pie' coming out of my room and entered the hallway. i started to clear this part of the house and found nothing and nobody. i called my buddy and he came over and we cleared the rest of the house. no one was there, but i know what i heard. the tv's were not on and no sounds were coming from computer.

another time in the middle of night i had gotten up to get a drink and check out the house. i went into the closed off porch and was looking into the back yard. under the guard light in th pasture by the water trough i saw a man shaped shadow walk across. not sure what it was or who it was. i woke my dad and we cleared the house to see if anything was out of ordinary.

i also do civil war reenactments and texas revolution reenactments. we sometimes stay on actual battle grounds and we've seen so many unexplainable events and heard so many unexplainable sounds.

Comment

With so many camera phones around, someone should get a picture of something, soon. Ghost, Sashquatch, Nessie, Elvis, Black Panther, Jimmy Hoffa, a working Democrat (oh, sorry, got carried away).

Seriously, some hard evidence would go a long way with me.

Comment

What's the big deal with black panthers they are real they are in zoos you can even google image them.

Anyways love the stories keep'em coming i've been checking this thread all night lol

Comment

Originally posted by TexbowJ View Post
                              With so many camera phones around, someone should get a picture of something, soon. Ghost, Sashquatch, Nessie, Elvis, Black Panther, Jimmy Hoffa, a working Democrat (oh, sorry, got carried away).

Seriously, some hard evidence would go a long way with me.
                              i'll see if i can get my friend's picture he took in the Jefferson Hotel in Jefferson, TX and have him share his har raising stories

Comment

All I know is I hope I don`t think about this post opening weekend (gun season) while I am trying to go to sleep in my camper ,1.5 miles from the ranch gate,3 miles to the closest neighbor ,and 20 miles to the closest town, no cell phone service and the wind isn`t blowing at all. I already get a little jumpy when I`m at the lease by myself trying to go to sleep with total silence.I used to walk to my blind in the a.m. at our Ballinger lease and ther was a big cedar post in the fence I walked down along a wheat field and it always looked like someone standing there as you walked towards it in the dark. You could have put a hat or cap on top of it as a prank and I sware I would not have walked passed it . And by the way, I do believe in ghost or spirits or whatever you want to call them ,I just don`t have any personal experiences with one or want to.

Comment

Working...
                                X