No announcement yet.

cocktail Age?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the same deer, Jeremy. Are you saying 4 1/2 on the first or second set of pics.

Comment

2nd set of pics my bad

Comment

If I recall Doc, you guys like to let one get to 6 1/2... he's a shooter. Hump on top of shoulders, wide jaw mature face, short stubby legs/thick body, pot belly... just a good looking deer. I'm thinking 150ish, and approaching post-mature

Comment

OK looks like we're done so here's the story.

The second set of pics were taken while I was hunting a buck I called Takeback. I had approval to kill Cocktail, but he looked to be a mid 30's 10, and I wanted to get something a little higher. He was wide, but pencil and short 4's and brows. I let him go. I had him at 6 1/2, fully mature.

Didn't see him last year. We built a protein feeder in the area and I hoped he'd get on it, but no show from my pole feeder and my camera in the protein pen. I assumed he didn't make it.

Well, on January First and second this year, there he is. Showed up at the corn feeder and took about a half dozen pics. He has better 4's, brows, and mass. Probably upper 40's and it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't bump 50.

So, I have him at 8 1/2 this year. He's in good shape. Probably won't get any better than he is and we may have missed taking him at his best.

Comment

Post mature...6.5++
            Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

5.5-6.5 old enough for chicken fry

Comment

Working...
              X