No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just goes to show what you can do with a native herd if done properly! Congrats on an amazing buck!

Comment

Wow, and I mean wow. Very very impressive. He is so big when you are holding him with bent arms close to your body, he looks bigger than most with arms extended. I'd like to hear more about the stumble upon and recovery. Ashamed he had to suffer like that but it's part of hunting.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Congrats on getting your hands around Gorgeous! That is a magnificent buck and a true testament to your hard work and dedication. Tell your neighbor I understand how we don't always perform in the heat of the moment. Congrats again to yall for a truly special buck!

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
            Congrats on getting your hands around Gorgeous! That is a magnificent buck and a true testament to your hard work and dedication. Tell your neighbor I understand how we don't always perform in the heat of the moment. Congrats again to yall for a truly special buck!
            If anyone, I'm sure you understand the gut wrenching around such a situation.Congrats on your bucks well. Great story and handsome buck.

Comment

Super buck! Glad yall finally found him. Gorgeous is gorgeous!

Comment

Awesome ending Rusty. Congrats to you and Frank on all the Hard work. Now get your But out there and Hunt for #2.

Thanks for Sharing

Comment

Here is the consolation prize....lopsided. Appears to me the mainframe is 190ish, then he has the dagger off the rt main beam . Believe him to be 6 and I'll start hunting him Saturday when the rifle season reopens. Of course he hasn't been seen by anyone or camera since the end of Sept. I will not shoot him if he has broken the dagger off.

I add the picture of him with one antler shed to show what he looked like last January. Pretty rough! Shows how resilient they are. Also comparing camera pictures of him this yr to last I think he is roughly the same size if anything maybe a tiny bit smaller.

Lopsided grew his rack eating joint vetch and our pellets. All the bucks [ deer ] ate lots of pellets. His core area has been tight the last couple of years and in fact could be seen with some frequency late evenings all summer in a 4 acre vetch field.

More to come on Lopsided
                  Attached Files

Comment

Just for chuckles here are a couple of pictures of him from last yr. We found that rt. shed and was ~101"
                    Attached Files

Comment

I thought that was velvet! Lol

Comment

Congrats. I love a happy ending

Comment

First off, congratulations on finding that fine trophy.

Second, I don't know how you consider that buck a consolation prize. Most other years he would likely be your number 1 target! Good luck tracking him down!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

im in!!!!

Comment

Awesome stuff Rusty

Comment

Working...
                                X