• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure thing[emoji1303]

Comment

Tagged for later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is your flashing galvanized that you used for the top. Reason I’m asking is I will be using this to smoke briskets and ribs also and didn’t want the galvanized finished to let off any fumes as it warms up.

Comment

Are y'all just using pine to make the frame? When looking into old smokehouses other places, most sugest using hardwood to avoid any off flavor. Have you had any problems?

Comment

Originally posted by bbs383ci View Post
            Is your flashing galvanized that you used for the top. Reason I’m asking is I will be using this to smoke briskets and ribs also and didn’t want the galvanized finished to let off any fumes as it warms up.
            No sir...you better seal and insulate it good ...this was designed for cold smoking

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
            Are y'all just using pine to make the frame? When looking into old smokehouses other places, most sugest using hardwood to avoid any off flavor. Have you had any problems?
            Yes...Pine...been going strong for many years...

Remember ...We cold smoke our sausage and hunters sticks so the hottest the inside gets is 80 degrees. If I have to smoke anything to temp it goes in my offset smoker.

Comment

Very nice smokehouse. Thanks for the idea and sizing information. I see one of these in my near future.

Comment

Great information!

Mine will be under construction this weekend

Comment

Started building mine tonight. Will take some progress pics tomorrow. I’m debating throwing a piece of Plexiglass on my door instead of the tin just for looking sake. Was also thinking of using some old barnwood around the outside, but as of now with just the frame and door, it’s starting to get heavy already. Looking forward to drinking cold beverages and smelling this thing work for a couple hours!

Comment

Nice design.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

DIY Sausage Smokehouse

Anyone have a general idea on how far apart to put the braces for the hanging rods?? I was thinking about 16 inches?? Just want to utilize all my space, but don’t want the sausages touching or hanging on the next rod below. Thanks, Jason

Comment

I need to build one of these.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sanders View Post
                            Anyone have a general idea on how far apart to put the braces for the hanging rods?? I was thinking about 16 inches?? Just want to utilize all my space, but don’t want the sausages touching or hanging on the next rod below. Thanks, Jason

Mine are 13" from the top of one rack to the top of the one below it.

We cut the links to 19" and fold them in half to get them to easily slide into 11" vacuum bags sideways. Anything longer and its a PITA or a waste of bag space. 13" is more than enough to hang them and not touch the links above or below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	24562473

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5114.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	24562474

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Mine are 13" from the top of one rack to the top of the one below it.

We cut the links to 19" and fold them in half to get them to easily slide into 11" vacuum bags sideways. Anything longer and its a PITA or a waste of bag space. 13" is more than enough to hang them and not touch the links above or below.

[ATTACH]934970[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]934971[/ATTACH]

Thank you sir!

Comment

The 13” spacing works for making 9” links that fit well in an 11” wide vacuum bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X