Smoker design help....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoker design help....

Looking for someone that has the CAD/computer skills to help me design a smoker. I have plenty of space, ideas and ability but don't know how to translate ideas to paper then make sure it will flow correctly. I know that I want to build a cabinet style cooker but it will need to be multi-functional. Accept charcoal fer steaks and burgers. We also wet cook a lot and need to be able to build a direct fire in the smoke chamber.

This is the best resource I know of and it has never let me down

Comment

Originally posted by jefandaward View Post
      This is the best resource I know of and it has never let me down

http://www.feldoncentral.com/bbqcalculator.html
      Good deal. Now I have the appropriate sizes, now I just need help with the design. Its going to be a very large cabinet style cooker. I have the ideas, just need help translating that to paper!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
        Good deal. Now I have the appropriate sizes, now I just need help with the design. Its going to be a very large cabinet style cooker. I have the ideas, just need help translating that to paper!!
        So why don’t you just start sketching it out on paper?

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
          That's exactly what I did.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            No kidding........Sometimes you just gotta design as you go. If you cant visualize it, get you a 4' scale & a framing square, and lay it out on your shop concrete floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
              No kidding........Sometimes you just gotta design as you go. If you cant visualize it, get you a 4' scale & a framing square, and lay it out on your shop concrete floor.
              Yup. I'm an engineer by trade so I know the value of drawings but my 2 pit projects have all been design as I go with a rough idea of what I want in mind. Feldon calculator listed above is pure gold.

Regarding your need for building a fire in the smoke box for wet cooking, I oversize my fireboxes and build removable grates so they can double as a charcoal grill if I don't want to go through the hassle of low & slow smoking.

Comment

Working...
              X