Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving gun in car would have been safer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad it worked out. My friends son got shot in that store in the gun department.

Comment

I think you are over reacting. Good reason to have not been concealed carry at the time. If you had been carrying, would you have upholstered ???

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
        Glad it worked out. My friends son got shot in that store in the gun department.

Story?

Comment

If you’re going to do something stupid it is best if you just don’t tell anyone.

Comment

You should have stopped him the second he touched your rifle. Never let someone take control of your gun. Too many flakes out there. What would you have done if he said it was his ???

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
              I cant imagine being there and thinking he was doing anything different than exactly what he said he was doing. I kept reading waiting for him to load the gun, or work the action, or point it at someone, or anything other than look through the glass. Seems like he went to a gun store to look at scopes, picked up a rifle off the counter and looked through the scope, when asked to put it down, he apologized as he did so. Am I missing part of the story?

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
              this is what I quoted or at least meant to.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Story?
                Noooo

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
                  I dont understand why you didnt intervene as soon as he touched your rifle. Why stand there watching and not speak up sooner?
                  ^^^^ This

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                    That was hard to read.

Comment

I think the guy wrongly assumed it was a gun for sale and was simply looking at it.

I also think you froze in that situation. You should have instantly said something and took back possession of your gun before he had a chance to do anything with it.
                      This is my take as well. That, and he was checking out the scope, seeing that is what he had been there to look at all along.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                        I think you are over reacting. Good reason to have not been concealed carry at the time. If you had been carrying, would you have upholstered ???
                        Same here. Not sure where the eminent deadly threat was and the inability to deescalate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                          If you’re going to do something stupid it is best if you just don’t tell anyone or post it
                          Yep.

Glad the OP didn't have a pistol. I can't imagine drawing on a guy who picked up an unknown gun (to him) that the OP knows is locked and unloaded

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think the guy wrongly assumed it was a gun for sale and was simply looking at it.

I also think you froze in that situation. You should have instantly said something and took back possession of your gun before he had a chance to do anything with it.
                            ^^This^^

Comment

I just kicked myself in my own cods for reading this.

Comment

If the guy wanted to steal it I doubt if he would have whistled to draw attention to what he was doing. Glad you weren't carrying.

Comment

Working...
                                X