• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now they need at least one other good starting pitcher,,,

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
      now they need at least one other good starting pitcher,,,
      They have one. Or two. Or three. Their starting rotation is, IMO, the best in the AL now. I want to go on record as saying I love the signing of JV. However (there’s always a qualifier lol), he’s coming off TJ surgery….he may be able to contribute 150 innings this year?? What does he have to contribute with another deep playoff run?? Baker (and whomever is the new pitching coach) will need to monitor his innings with the goal being JV pitch in extended series of playoff games

Comment

Reasonably fresh arms in a deep playoff run ought to be a priority this year.

Comment

dang, didn't realize they did so good. Congrats getting WS.

Comment

I'd rather have 2 Correas than one Mr Upton

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Look how well that works for the Yankees…

Comment

I always threatened to get a custom jersey made with his number and Upton on the back.

(Call me Mr. Upton as well!)

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                  Look how well that works for the Yankees…
                  Forgive me if I dont get the reference because I despise EVERYTHING yankee and dont keep up with them. At all.

Comment

Forgive me if I dont get the reference because I despise EVERYTHING yankee and dont keep up with them. At all.
                    They just buy all the superstars but can’t buy a playoff win

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                      They just buy all the superstars but can’t buy a playoff win
                      That I understand. But, they can have Mr. Upton as far as Im concerned.

Comment

That I understand. But, they can have Mr. Upton as far as Im concerned.
                        In fairness Correa's greatness kinda flopped in the World Series, and so did everyone else ("everyone else" should have equaled at least one more Correa in totality). We needed better pitching.

Comment

Now they need one more proven arm! Verlander and greinke pretty much swapped.

Don't be shocked if Odorizzi is traded and use his money for an arm

Comment

Glad to see Verlander, don't give a crap about Correa. Except for his contract year he has been so injury prone, coincidence? Let's see how he does when he gets that big deal and doesn't have to worry about a contract year for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              Now they need one more proven arm! Verlander and greinke pretty much swapped.

Don't be shocked if Odorizzi is traded and use his money for an arm
                              Odorizzi's has some value in a trade, but what they could get back is probably two Low A lottery pick type prospects which won't help this Astros team in the next few years. Odorizzi has value for the team this year and they don't need to free up his $8 million to sign a free agent pitcher if they don't sign a free agent SS or an outfielder like Starling Marte.

Comment

Mr Upton's signing isn't going to hold them back from signing Correa. Correa wanting an 8-10 year contract is the sticking point. They have the money to sign him to a $30-35 milllion average annual value contract even with the Verlander signing.

Comment

Working...
                                X