Tagging Velvet Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagging Velvet Buck

I see an 8 point still in velvet. Since regulations say a buck is anything with hardened antler protruding could I tag this guy with a doe tag?

No

Comment

Try it, then tell us how much the fine is.

Comment

Lmao. Come on man!

Comment

Even with velvet the antlers are still "hardened". Dont use your antlerless tag......

Comment

TPWD definition a Buck Deer:

Buck deer
            A deer with a hardened antler protruding through the skin. Deer with antlers completely covered in velvet are also considered buck deer. For tagging purposes, all other deer are antlerless deer, regardless of sex.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBHunter712 View Post
              TPWD definition a Buck Deer:

Buck deer
              A deer with a hardened antler protruding through the skin. Deer with antlers completely covered in velvet are also considered buck deer. For tagging purposes, all other deer are antlerless deer, regardless of sex.

This…

Comment

Shirley, you can't be serious

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
                  I see an 8 point still in velvet. Since regulations say a buck is anything with hardened antler protruding could I tag this guy with a doe tag?
                  Antlered, with that said since you hunt mason, most likely a stag and best venison you have ever had. They don’t rut. I’ve killed some with an inch of fat in bad drought years.

I ‘ve killed probably 20 plus.

Comment

In the not to distant past, it was legal to use an antlerless tag on a velvet deer as long as no part of the antlers were hard having exposed 'bone'. The verbiage was changed, as stated above.

Comment

If it is over in Mason county, it probably has nuts about the size of a marble. We kill about a half dozen a year that never lose the velvet and have no equipment. Two already this year during bow season.

Comment

You dont have buck and doe tags. You have antlered and antlerless tags. So you would have to tag it as antlered.

Comment

Tagging Velvet Buck

Show me a pick of your doe tag.

All mine say buck or antlerless.
                          Last edited by bboswell; 11-17-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
                            I say go for it!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                              You dont have buck and doe tags. You have antlered and antlerless tags. So you would have to tag it as antlered.
                              Actually you have buck tags and buck/antlerless tags.

Comment

Working...
                              X