Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many 13” or better bucks statewide can you take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
    I take that to mean one 13" buck in a different AR county until your 3 buck limit is reached. But only one in each AR county.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

This is correct. Verified with GW here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by robbyreneeward View Post
      This is correct. Verified with GW here.
      If this is the case, wonder what the reasoning was to include that last sentence in the regs about bucks in other counties?

Comment

TPWD gives away these little books with all the rules and regs.. You might want to get one and read it.. Some of these guys answering you should do the same..
        Last edited by PondPopper; 11-15-2021, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
          If this is the case, wonder what the reasoning was to include that last sentence in the regs about bucks in other counties?
          To reaffirm that you can take another 13 in another county and that your statewide buck limit still applies and is not limited by your county limit.

Comment

My guess is it’s to explain your options in Liberty County specifically. If you tagged out in Liberty county by harvesting one buck greater than 13”, one unbranched antlered buck, and two does, you would have met the limit of Liberty county, but you’d still have a tag left for the state. They then clarify that you may harvest 1 additional buck greater than 13” from another AR county.

I would say it’s safe to assume that most hunters in Texas don’t get to hunt multiple counties so they make the descriptions for each county very specific. You have two regulations to follow. The state provides your license with 5 tags. Two of those tags are antlerless only and the other 3 are buck or antlerless. How you fill those is up to you as long as you don’t exceed the harvest limits for the county/counties you hunt in. You cannot kill more than 3 bucks, but you could also kill 5 does and zero bucks so long as you don’t exceed the limits for the counties they are taken in.

There’s some severe misinformation that was given on this thread. I suggest some of y’all brush up on your outdoor annuals.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
                There’s some severe misinformation that was given on this thread. I suggest some of y’all brush up on your outdoor annuals.

I dont know about "severe".
                The only misinformation I saw was that a 3rd 13" buck had to come from a non AR county. It was wrong but it did err on the side of caution.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  TPWD gives away these little books with all the rules and regs.. You might want to get one and read it.. Some of these guys answering you should do the same..
                  Shoot, they ain’t printed that book in a few years. Where you been?

Comment

Shoot, they ain’t printed that book in a few years. Where you been?
                    They printed them again this year

Comment

It has been many years since they divided the state into zones regarding Antler Restrictions. back when they were implemented, you were only allowed ONE buck greater than 13" in each zone.

not the case any longer. Its been up to 3 bucks greater than 13" total as long as you are hunting different counties and you dont exceed the county bag limits you are hunting in. Been that way for quite some time

Comment

I have 15 acres in Sulphur Springs that I might consider selling if interested.

Comment

Working...
                        X