X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What tractor company won’t load a tire?
    Sounds like a Cracker Jack operation.

Comment

Our 21 year old Massey 471 had the tires filled from day one. We had new tires put on about 5 years ago and I was wondering how the wheels looked. They were fine. Traded it in on a new Case 110C Wednesday, and had the tires filled. I wouldn’t have a tractor without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
        Up here in the Midwest the farmers us Rim Guard beet juice ballast.

Beet juice is heavier than water (weighing about 11 pounds per gallon) and resists freezing down to -35 degrees F. Even better, it's not corrosive or toxic, avoiding the major cons associated with other liquid tire ballast.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        But everything I've seen says that stuff is super-expensive, no? Is the "juice" worth the squeeze?

Comment

Originally posted by Reel cajun View Post
          not if you keep wheel in in total water. Turn valve stem to 2 O’clock and fill with water. This will keep wheel submersed in water.
          Yes, this true

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
            Schrute Farms in Scranton PA sells a real good beet juice
            NNiiiccceee!!

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
              But everything I've seen says that stuff is super-expensive, no? Is the "juice" worth the squeeze?
              Rim Guard[emoji769] costs about $. 28/lb.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                NOT true.

Unless you completely fill the wheel with water/antifreeze and pressurize with it and NO air, you will get oxidation and rust anywhere the water comes in contact with the steel wheel. The degree of corrosion will largely depend on how much contact and how much the tractor is used. The air will always be churned up when the tractor is in motion.

IF you are putting the water in the tires for "ballast" to offset picking up heavy loads with the FEL, that's not the best place to put the weight. It has a greater effect if hung off the back of the tractor to create a load moment. If you have a box blade or land plane, you can add weight to them easily by adding a rack to put cement blocks, iron ingots, really anything heavy to counterbalance the FEL load. This would be much less detrimental to wear and tear on your tractor. Of course, there's always rear wheel weights too that would be better than water...

You know farmers etc have been using water forever right? I know every rear tractor tire my grandfather had serviced 40 years ago got water in it and never a rust problem.

Ballast not only helps with FIL capacity but also adds traction when pulling plows etc. In the tires is the most convenient place for that ballast

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  I made a video of my setup
                  https://youtu.be/CP5HfwycymY

Well, that’s fancy

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Well, that’s fancy
                    Made it really quick and easy. Washer fluid is a lot cheaper than beat juice but not as dense.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                      What tractor company won’t load a tire?
                      Sounds like a Cracker Jack operation.
                      Bobcat of Houston. Bobcats new in the tractor market, their techs are probably used to rubber tires and tracks more than tractor tires.

Comment

Learn from my mistake. Wrap a heavy duty strap around the tire before filling if you do it yourself to keep the tire from breaking off the bead. Jack it up a little to support the weight. Air valve at 1 or 2 o’clock and stop ever so often to purge the air building up in the annulus of the tire. It is the only way to go. You will be very happy.

Comment

Working...
                        X