Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are used RV prices as good as used cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are used RV prices as good as used cars?

Any other time I already know the answer. But with everything turning upside down in this world, I figure I have to ask. I bought this 2019 Forest River 29TE with 4 bunks to use at the lease and to tow around to a couple of parks. We bought more than we needed because my wife’s sisters family would be in it too. It’s not getting used like I thought.

I either need to downsize or sell outright and build a small cabin to replace it since we don’t move it much at all.
    Has anyone had an experience recently with selling one?

I just bought a 2019 Winnebago from a dealership. I looked for a solid 3 or 4 weeks. Prices are high and dealerships will buy yours pretty quick if clean. I was able to negotiate pretty hard as I was not pressed to have one and could pay cash.....but those places are slammed with buyers, plus service appointments are days to weeks out.[emoji47]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I read in some of the FB groups, they are selling at a premium right now especially if pre-covid built. Manufacturers can't bring new units to market fast enough these days due to demand and lack of parts many times. RVtrader is suppose to be good and a place called PPL (no experience) is also. Many are selling them through Facebook marketplace.

Comment

We walked the PPL lot last week and they sure do seem to be going for a premium.

I need to sell mine and pick up another next June.
        I'm scared to let go of what I have until I have its replacement in hand.

Comment

We found a new 5th wheel that we liked in late July that had been on the dealer lot for months due to minor body damage caused by the shipper, and one of the roof top air conditioners was not working at all. The dealership got the body work fixed and a new ac installed, and sold the rv to us for $45k. That same model of rv is now selling for $55k!

So don’t rule out a new one if you are flexible. Just keep looking. RV inventory has improved greatly over what it was this past summer, and we are now getting into the slow time for RVs being sold and used so you will be more apt to find a good deal.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I'll need to take a closer look at what I can get for mine before committing to another.

Comment

I bought an '18 used in August of '20, and the dealer emailed me a month later wanting to buy it back for $1500 over what I payed. I'm glad I didn't sell it, I love it.

I'd just list it, and list it high...never know!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                We walked the PPL lot last week and they sure do seem to be going for a premium.

I need to sell mine and pick up another next June.
                I'm scared to let go of what I have until I have its replacement in hand.
                Yes PPL was really high for consignments. [emoji2962] I got mine in Willis and glad I did.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I just sold my 2019 Cougar BHS for 4k less than I paid for it in 2018. SO yes.

Comment

I've been following the FB Jayco and Grand Design pages. It seems people are still willing to pay way above what a trailer is worth. For example, someone just posted they were looking at a new 5er for 55k, asking if that was a good price. That person mentioned how it was stickered at $74k. Well my friend bought the exact same RV for 39k in 2019.

If I were you OP, get on the Forest River FB page for an idea what people are still paying. I'd bet you could sell for nearly what you paid.

Comment

Used well cared for RV's are going for top dollar now, even those that are not well cared are selling fast.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                        Used well cared for RV's are going for top dollar now, even those that are not well cared are selling fast.
                        I guess I have bad luck. I haven't had any luck trying to sell it here! I'm asking below market value!

Is there a better place someone can recommend selling an RV? I really don't want to deal with tire kickers, or scammers from craigslist.

Comment

Still makes no sense to me how everyone all of a sudden has all this extra money around just because of COVID. Especially with prices of EVERYTHING being so high. Seems like consumers would be tight for money these days. I know I am...

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman89 View Post
                            I guess I have bad luck. I haven't had any luck trying to sell it here! I'm asking below market value!

Is there a better place someone can recommend selling an RV? I really don't want to deal with tire kickers, or scammers from craigslist.
                            Many are selling on Facebook marketplace or RVtrader. I have no direct experience but have heard PPL is a good place to consign your rig.
                            Last edited by Bill M; 11-10-2021, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman89 View Post

Floorplan is a big factor.

Comment

Working...
                              X