No announcement yet.

Anybody gassed-out a rattler? How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet there are more under there. We lifted a container up with a tractor once and killed 13

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      of the snake or the OP?
      Snake. Rattlesnake. Definitely the rattlesnake.

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
        Yes. Just get some under the building and he will come out.
        Yep less is more. He’ll get moving You don’t want to give him too much and have to reach in there and grab him.

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
        Gasoline, use the highest grade.
        Got a gas station hot dog and $10 worth the other day. Started the pump and the hot dog. One bite out of it before pump shut off! Never eaten rattlesnake but if I had to buy hi-test to get him out I just might fry one up.

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
        In for the LDP’s
        Me too

Comment

We had a guy that would come out to the ranch in Menard to catch snakes. He used diesel in a pressurized Fire Extinguisher and copper tubing. Pretty cool contraption.

Comment

We always used Gas when I was a kid and would hunt shakes in Dens. We just blew it in with a hose. Would have been easier to use a little pump up sprayer I guess. There will likely be more than one under there. As others have mentioned, there is probably more than one access point too. They will be a little drunk and slow moving from the gasoline.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
              What does grade have to do with it? Serious question

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
              Higher octane. Used to use leaded gas but that is not an òption anymore. Unleaded does not work as well, or you could disolve some mothballs in the gas. Hurts their eyes, that is why they come out.

Comment

Higher octane. Used to use leaded gas but that is not an òption anymore. Unleaded does not work as well, or you could disolve some mothballs in the gas. Hurts their eyes, that is why they come out.
                Lol, I get the octane difference but why would the snake know the difference?

Comment

Bulldozer

Comment

Lol, I get the octane difference but why would the snake know the difference?

Obviously you've never gassed any snakes out from under anything. I have.

Comment

Obviously you've never gassed any snakes out from under anything. I have.
                      Again, does the octane (AKI) have to do with it?

Seriously?

Comment

Hunted snakes for years and best method is copper tubing mounted on a pump up sprayer. It is best to crimp the tip of the copper tubing so it sprays out a fine mist. The fine mist hangs the fumes in the air better, making it harder for the snake to get fresh air. As others have said make sure there are not other access spots he can crawl out from, and that gas is sprayed in those openings as well. Also it does not take an excessive amount. To much and it could end up killing the snake under the container.

Comment

Make sure to video and post

Comment

Pics please! I hate snakes but like to look at them. Lol

Comment

Pump up sprayer with copper tubing replacing the sprayer part. Either remove the inner pick up tube or spray with the sprayer upside down so that you are spraying fumes and not liquid gas.

First I ever heard I’d octane rating affecting the effect of the fumes.

Comment

What does grade have to do with it? Serious question

Keeps him from rattling when he accelerates out from under there...

Comment

Working...
                                X