SpaceX Starlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ag 89 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Almost 10 months and no word. Not very encouraging.
    When I ordered in February it said mid-to-late 2021 now it just says late 2021

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm looking again for HS internet and was curious how many TBHers have StarLink now? I looked at the page they are saying mid 2022 for my area but I suspect that due to the no number of people in my area it will be later than that. Does anyone in a rural area have it?

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        I'm looking again for HS internet and was curious how many TBHers have StarLink now? I looked at the page they are saying mid 2022 for my area but I suspect that due to the no number of people in my area it will be later than that. Does anyone in a rural area have it?
        I signed up early last year and still don't have it. i found a way to get unlimited att hotspot though for $20/m so I'm not even sure I'm gonna switch over now when it comes.

Comment

I bet a lot of starlink got pushed back. Tesla has a lot going on between vehicles/solar/internet and all is very tech heavy. With the chip shortages and general supply chain issues I would bet the slowed down starlink considering it was in very early stages and committed more to things that are already in full swing.

Comment

Here is sat map.
            Live view of SpaceX starlink satellite constellation and coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
              Must be what I saw a little while back. 8-10 evenly spaced lights in a line trucking across the early night sky.
              View from our ranch
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                I signed up early last year and still don't have it. i found a way to get unlimited att hotspot though for $20/m so I'm not even sure I'm gonna switch over now when it comes.
                I just saw that on the other thread. I should have bumped it. I'm going to have to do that. $100 for the tablet and $20 for the card... sign me up! You need the tablet, right?

Comment

I just saw that on the other thread. I should have bumped it. I'm going to have to do that. $100 for the tablet and $20 for the card... sign me up! You need the tablet, right?
                  nope. can generate a tablet imei online. i use a mofi4500 as my wireless router.

Comment

Like this?

Ebay MoFi 4500

Comment

Like this?

Ebay MoFi 4500
                      that is not a mofi but it still has open wrt which is what you need to be able to tweak settings and mask the traffic. any open wrt cellular router will work.

Comment

I just got an email mine is ready I pre-ordered in February of 21 for Georgetown area

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
                          Know anybody that has it? I’ve seriously considered it but the high hardware price kind of turned me off the last time I looked at it.

Our internet now is line of sight, and not terrible, but limited to 10mb/s. I know Starlink speeds far exceed that, but I have read mixed reviews about current reliability online.
                          Had it for several months now and been **** near perfect for us. So awesome. I work in software as a PM so I have to be available and be able to deal with large files and coding. Works awesome.

Comment

Getting ready to order the RV version, ships quickly from what I understand.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                              I live in Utah and have a place in Edwards County. I have two units. Just got confirmation for a third that I am probably selling. If you want to get it faster, do the RV method, or change the services address to somewhere that has more availability like in Utah. The shipping can be in Texas. Then just change service address when you get it and you will get it much faster.

Comment

Originally posted by BCoop27 View Post
                                Had it for several months now and been **** near perfect for us. So awesome. I work in software as a PM so I have to be available and be able to deal with large files and coding. Works awesome.
                                What speeds are you seeing for up and down?

Comment

Working...
                                X