No announcement yet.

Yard Clippings….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mow it once a week so the clippings are short. Run the zero turn up and down the driveway to blow the clippings on the concrete back onto the grass. Blow off the front and rear porch or spray it off if the dogs have tracked mud on it.

Comment

I have horses so when they add up in the bag I feed some to the horses

Comment

The grass welcomes the cuttings. WHY? because the fertilizer you applied in the spring will help the lawn during the summer and into the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
          Mulch it up. No clippings.
          Do this.

Comment

I mulch the yard, then blow the sidewalk and street clipping back into my yard. Easy peasy. No mess, clean sidewalks, extra mulch in my yard.

Comment

I mow my own yard. Clippings are good for the yard.
              I live on 30 acres so there isn’t anywhere to blow it…

Comment

Spring and summer, I mow often enough to not have grass clippings pile up. During the fall, I mow the lawn, then windrow the leaves. I hook a trailer to my side by side and load and haul the leaves to low spots in the pasture.

Comment

I’ll bag up a couple of bags-worth if I need to bulk up the compost pile, otherwise it just goes right back out onto the grass. Dries up to nothing in a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                    I bag it and take it to the ranch and spread it around on the ground for a little nitrogen and mulch.
                    Great idea. Half I recycle the rest I mulch. Never seen so many worms...

Comment

To those who clean up the road of your clippings I want to say thank you. This biker appreciates that. We call those clippings “Green Ice”, many a wreck has happened and people have died because of inconsiderate people who blow their grass out into the road.

Comment

I mow mine myself. 1.3 acres. Mostly try to mulch in unless it’s leaf season down here. I can make a 15’ diameter pile 3’ high during that time.
                        If I have good clean clippings I put them in the chicken coup. They seem to love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                          To those who clean up the road of your clippings I want to say thank you. This biker appreciates that. We call those clippings “Green Ice”, many a wreck has happened and people have died because of inconsiderate people who blow their grass out into the road.
                          Yessir. I've had bikers stop while I'm blowing off the road, just to say thanks. I think it looks bad with the clippings in the road, anyway.

Comment

Mulch it. Shouldn’t have clippings, left I wouldn’t think. May have to mow more often.

Comment

Originally posted by mmurphey View Post
                              I mulch the yard, then blow the sidewalk and street clipping back into my yard. Easy peasy. No mess, clean sidewalks, extra mulch in my yard.
                              X2, this. Wave howdy to my neighbors and passing folks as they see me blowing clippings back into my yard from the street and sidewalk. That street in front of my casa belongs to you and much as it belongs to me.

Comment

I don’t have neighbors nor traffic to worry about but clippings stay in the yard for fertilizer, so long as you mow often enough it looks great.

Comment

Working...
                                X