No announcement yet.

gun shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be the odd man here. I will still go to some of them. But most likley never the Ft. Worth show. They lost a lot of customers, and venders, when the city of Ft. Worth decided to start charging for parking.

When I do go, I'm usually looking for spacific items now. Not deals. I don't expect much any more. I've been going to the shows here since the early/mid 1980s, including the big shows Ft. Worth had when they peaked back in teh hayday. And went to shows in Ohio back in the late 1970s before I moved back here.

I can go to the Big Town show for the same price it cost me to go to Ft. Worth. Maybe a bit cheaper since they only charge $9 entry. And my little car don't use much gas. It's usully packed over there with vendors and people. But for now, Big Town looks to be out. Prob due the second covid thing by city officials.

I'll prob go to some of the smaller shows too, now and then. Just to support the gun industry by attendence. And our right to freely trade. I also enjoy the art and craftsmanship of various products there.

Comment

Like the dealers who insist your Colt SAA is only worth $700 while the ones on his table are all priced at $1400 ! I know they need to make money,but really ?

Comment

Too many people in one place. Not a fan of crowds.

Comment

The only show i care to go to is the Houston Gun Collectors show. I enjoy the variety of older firearms.

Comment

I still like to go. Every now and then you’ll find a deal. Or a rare item. Don’t be afraid to haggle. Been awhile since I’ve been. It’s nice to just go and look. Went with my dad a lot growing up.

Comment

gun shows

My son and I went to the Humble show yesterday and the Pasadena show today. Total waste of time for me, but he enjoyed looking at everything so it was time well wasted.

These two shows were very similar. Lots of cheap, low quality knives. A ton of AR rifles and parts, some military stuff, a table or two of the old timers who actually had some items that interested me.

Prices were crazy on most everything.

He said this guy looks like the guy who should be manning this booth and his name is probably Squirrel
              Last edited by salth2o; 10-03-2021, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                My son and I went to the Humble show yesterday and the Pasadena show today. Total waste of time for me, but he enjoyed looking at everything so it was time well wasted.

These two shows were very similar. Lots of cheap, low quality knives. A ton of AR rifles and parts, some military stuff, a table or two of the old timers who actually had some items that interested me.

Prices were crazy on most everything.

He said this guy looks like the guy who should be manning this booth and his name is probably Squirrel
                Yes, I could be wrong but as I recall Mountain Man from Duck Dynasty does have a brother that goes by "Squirrel".

Comment

Has anyone been to Wannamakers in Tulsa since Covid. Just wondering if it went down hill as well.

Comment

The last local gun show I went to several months back had Remington Core Locts going for $90 a box and people were actually buying them. The only deal you might find nowadays are the parts and accessories table, but even then if you do a quick search on amazon or ebay you can find the same item cheaper half the time.

Comment

Most of them shows are full of milsurp garbage and Chinese knock off parts

Comment

I used to enjoy going to the big ones in Houston, that changed about 10 years ago. I used to be able to look at nice hunting rifles, field shotguns, military arms, all kinds of stuff. There were lots of individuals selling as well. Now it's the same dealers selling the same pistols and ARs. Rows and rows of tacticool junk I can get online for half the price. Don't waste your time.

Comment

Gun Shows are where you go to pay way too much for something that you can't find elsewhere. It didn't used to be that way, but that's pretty much how it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
                            Has anyone been to Wannamakers in Tulsa since Covid. Just wondering if it went down hill as well.
                            Yes went last spring. Still a pretty good show but lots of vacant tables. Don't know if it was Covid or just no interest.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                              I used to enjoy going to the big ones in Houston, that changed about 10 years ago. I used to be able to look at nice hunting rifles, field shotguns, military arms, all kinds of stuff. There were lots of individuals selling as well. Now it's the same dealers selling the same pistols and ARs. Rows and rows of tacticool junk I can get online for half the price. Don't waste your time.
                              Agree with your last sentence whole heart. Mostly made in China tack-ti-cool junk at 2x the online price l.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X