Pull Behind Swisher Mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have this or something similar?

I have a mule, I need to start mowing our 15 acres, really wooded right now.

I have a riding mower for around the house, we are about to start building, haven't broken ground yet.

Half the cost of a decent zero turn. Was thinking this might work well.

Pros and Cons?

How much of the 15 Acres u planning to mow?

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
      How much of the 15 Acres u planning to mow?
      Eh.

Most of it, at least some. Its just not smooth and manicured by any means.

Comment

I have one, bought last year. Love it. I have 7 acres of pasture in front of my house and use it all the time. I have the rough cut so I can use it on my trails to the deer stands on the other 48 acres. I have had a couple of issues though. Nothing major. The engage cable is too short for my 4 wheeler, so I broke it twice making too sharp turns. Kinda a pain to replace, but not too difficult. I also had a blade lock up and had to break it loose and replace the bushings. Also, not difficult.

I like it because my 4 wheeler wont get stuck where my tractor will if it is too wet.

Comment

I have a 60" pull behind Swisher finish mower that I pull offset behind my Ariens zero turn and mow about 8 of my 10 acres. That said, I've worked hard to "tame" my land, having smoothed it out with a bunch of grade work over the last 3 years and I stay on top of mowing before it gets too high. I can mow over 8' at a time but still have to back mow a second pass with the finish mower a lot of the time. Their "rough cut" mower will serve you better because you can mow some gnarly stuff with it but there's NO WAY I would fight 15 acres with it. It will be a full time job! [emoji2955]

Comment

Sounds like you just need to find a good deal on a used tractor and shredder. Will be able to use it for a lot of other things on 15 acres.

Comment

I bought the rough cut this spring. Man do I love that thing. I got from northern tool as well. Shipping was a little pricey; but no problem. It has paid for its self hands down. Just by saving time. The engagement cable is short as stated. But I just put it in the bed of the sxs.

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                Sounds like you just need to find a good deal on a used tractor and shredder. Will be able to use it for a lot of other things on 15 acres.
                I am going to for sure in the future. Right now I’m hording cash for the home build.

Price fluctuations are killing me.

Lumber is way down but not much else.

This is the forever home so we aren’t really compromising on things. Gonna do it the way we want.

Comment

Originally posted by capt1brooks View Post
                  I bought the rough cut this spring. Man do I love that thing. I got from northern tool as well. Shipping was a little pricey; but no problem. It has paid for its self hands down. Just by saving time. The engagement cable is short as stated. But I just put it in the bed of the sxs.
                  I plan on using my mule.

Same model on Amazon with free shipping for $3200 lol.

So it saves about $100 over Nothern tool. Their shipping was $450.

Comment

I've got a rough cut i pull with my mule. Absolutely love it!

Comment

Here's my opinion - speaking from personal experience with pretty much the same machine. If you want to mow grass I would pass and get a heavy duty commercial zero turn. Mine didn’t mow grass very well at all and it looked terrible when I did use it. However for cutting brush and trails it was a beast - would surprisingly cut whatever you could drag it over. But once I cut the brush it was easier and much quicker to maintain with the zero turn. I put about 12 hours on it initially and it sat after that until I sold it. Maintain everything now with the zero. Also when pulling the swisher with an atv it was slow going and hot as compared to a zero turn. Every situation is a little different though. Good luck whatever route you go.

Comment

Can a 15 horse riding mower pull one I got 2 acres of cruddy grass that seems to eat my
                        Belts up when grass get on the deck then the belts ( sick of repairs) , wish someone needed some cow hay and would bale it free to them

Comment

Would this be a viable option to shredding senderos in south Texas? I’m not talking about making new ones but maintaining senderos that were cut last year. So basically new growth. We spend $1500.00 a year to get our place shredded each November. This would pay for itself in two years if it would work. Very skeptical about south Texas brush though. Anyone have experience with it down south?

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                            Would this be a viable option to shredding senderos in south Texas? I’m not talking about making new ones but maintaining senderos that were cut last year. So basically new growth. We spend $1500.00 a year to get our place shredded each November. This would pay for itself in two years if it would work. Very skeptical about south Texas brush though. Anyone have experience with it down south?
                            Depends on the size of the mesquites, but i would have used it on my lease in Robert Lee if I had had it at the time. I have offered it to my brother and others on their lease. I have hit 3" stuff, says it can take up to 4", but didn't wanna push it. It doesn't cut grass really well unless the blades are sharp, but I love mine.

Comment

Originally posted by medic151 View Post
                              Depends on the size of the mesquites, but i would have used it on my lease in Robert Lee if I had had it at the time. I have offered it to my brother and others on their lease. I have hit 3" stuff, says it can take up to 4", but didn't wanna push it. It doesn't cut grass really well unless the blades are sharp, but I love mine.
                              South Tx brush grows quick but don’t think anything gets near 3” circumference in a year. Of course if we owned it we could cut two, three times a year. Once again, not looking to make new senderos, just maintain current ones. Might have to look into it.

Comment

Working...
                              X