This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
    Do you work for one of those 4 guys or owe one of them money? I can't figure out why you constantly get on your knees every time the three of them "circle the wagons"???
    Lol nope never met one of them. Just dont mind calling out a dumb *** when I see one...sorry you make it so easy and are on the forefront of that. Used to be chasethis but you are definitely picking up his slack!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
      Lol nope never met one of them. Just dont mind calling out a dumb *** when I see one...sorry you make it so easy.
      Glad I could help!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        Rocky Top not being very good is irrelevant to this kid. Nolen was born and raised in Tennessee which he considers "home". UT has already offered Nolen's 2 younger brothers to secure the football program's commitment to the Nolen family. Tennessee has a new football staff and vision for the future that Nolen is very comfortable with. Right now, it doesn't matter how good the program is, UT is selling him on being the guy who changes the culture and makes the Volunteers relevant again and competing for championships. If Nolen commits to Rocky Top, other highly recruited players may follow to help re-build the program.

Let's compare the recruitment of Myles Garrett to Walter Nolen; both were regarded as the top HS recruit in the country. That seems like a fair analogy an Aggie fan can relate to.

Q - Why did Garrett commit to play for Coach Terry Price and Kevin Sumlin in College Station when he could have played for Nick Saban at Alabama and won multiple NC's ?

A- Because MG was FROM Texas, and he bought into what Price & Sumlin were preaching. Garrett was told he could help lay the foundation to build a winning program at A&M, beat LSU & ALA, and win Championships.

Very few kids leave the comfort of home because they've dreamed of playing for their favorite State school since they could walk. Family means everything to most kids and having grandpa, grandma, aunts, uncles, moms, dads, brothers & sisters in the stands watching is very important in their recruiting decision. IMO, recruits are more likely to commit to coaches that they've developed a bond and trust with. Sometimes it's not all about winning rings, since the elite talent will be playing on Sundays regardless of where they played CFB. NFL rosters are littered with professional athletes who played at schools that weren't very good.

So what you’re saying is….it’s not always about the best football team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
          Dream on bud they could care less about little brother being in a power conference

You have managed to miss the entire point…again.

Comment

In all seriousness, I think Heath was joking on his original post about Georgia and A&M not being good. I could be wrong but he is smart enough to know you don't get ranked #4 and #7 by not being good. You other clowns, I'm not so sure about.
            You still don't get it and you are still insecure.

Comment

In all seriousness, I think Heath was joking on his original post about Georgia and A&M not being good. I could be wrong but he is smart enough to know you don't get ranked #4 and #7 by not being good. You other clowns, I'm not so sure about.
              I took Heath's comment to mean that when you have a school like Tenn in the mix, the value of winning has been devalued. Not that Ga and aggy are not good.

Heath?? what did you mean??

Comment

If his top 3 would of been; Texas, Georgia or A&M we wouldn't even be having this conversation. There's your logic!

Actually, it would be almost the exact same conversation, given Texas, and TU’s current circumstances.

And you STILL don’t have the foggiest idea what logic means. It’s one thing to be dumb, but you’re also boring. No one has the time to continue to explain everything to you.

At least Chase This knows when he’s saying dumb ****…

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  You have managed to miss the entire point…again.

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                  You still don't get it and you are still insecure.
                  Actually, it would be almost the exact same conversation, given Texas, and TU’s current circumstances.

And you STILL don’t have the foggiest idea what logic means. It’s one thing to be dumb, but you’re also boring. No one has the time to continue to explain everything to you.

At least Chase This knows when he’s saying dumb ****…

Y'all really have your panties up in a wad today!

Comment

I read an article that Nolen said his decision is based on the DL coaching / program.

“It came down to the d-line coaches,” the elder Nolen said.

“All them are really college towns from my time there and (Walter) said the same thing, he feels comfortable there. He also said anything can happen.”

Tenn - “Tennessee it’s in-state,” the elder Nolen said. “Coach G (Rodney Garner) is one of the best. It’s not too far from home. I think because he’s an in-state kid, I think he likes the idea of everybody in the state especially from Memphis pulling for him.”

A&M - “Man to be honest with you their defense,” Nolen said. “That defense is good man. That d-line coach he’s good. Both (Terry Price and Elijah Robinson) to be honest with you. They’re really built for the future and the long haul and they’re built to win for a while.”
                    Last edited by EastTexasMan; 08-25-2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

If Tenn is on the list, then the decision is not about who's the best football team. Ga and atm are clearly better programs, so Tenn's presence on the list means there are other factors at play.

LOGIC.

Should we try "Nuance"??? Such as the use of , and it's interpretations?
                      Dale, Georgia is perception. They haven't won anything in 40yrs

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                        Dale, Georgia is perception. They haven't won anything in 40yrs
                        Neither has aggy but from what we hear they have to be good because of their ranking from last year.....and of course Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                          Neither has aggy but from what we hear they have to be good because of their ranking from last year.....and of course Jimbo
                          Or the fact that we have 4 pre-season all americans at various positions, and more depth / talent across the board then we have ever had.

Our Defense is going to be really good. We have an elite coaching staff with Jimbo / Elko.

Keep your head in the sand, and at the end of the year we will circle back to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            Rocky Top not being very good is irrelevant to this kid. Nolen was born and raised in Tennessee which he considers "home". UT has already offered Nolen's 2 younger brothers to secure the football program's commitment to the Nolen family. Tennessee has a new football staff and vision for the future that Nolen is very comfortable with. Right now, it doesn't matter how good the program is, UT is selling him on being the guy who changes the culture and makes the Volunteers relevant again and competing for championships. If Nolen commits to Rocky Top, other highly recruited players may follow to help re-build the program.

Let's compare the recruitment of Myles Garrett to Walter Nolen; both were regarded as the top HS recruit in the country. That seems like a fair analogy an Aggie fan can relate to.

Q - Why did Garrett commit to play for Coach Terry Price and Kevin Sumlin in College Station when he could have played for Nick Saban at Alabama and won multiple NC's ?

A- Because MG was FROM Texas, and he bought into what Price & Sumlin were preaching. Garrett was told he could help lay the foundation to build a winning program at A&M, beat LSU & ALA, and win Championships.

Very few kids leave the comfort of home because they've dreamed of playing for their favorite State school since they could walk. Family means everything to most kids and having grandpa, grandma, aunts, uncles, moms, dads, brothers & sisters in the stands watching is very important in their recruiting decision. IMO, recruits are more likely to commit to coaches that they've developed a bond and trust with. Sometimes it's not all about winning rings, since the elite talent will be playing on Sundays regardless of where they played CFB. NFL rosters are littered with professional athletes who played at schools that weren't very good.

I'm sure you are right to a certain extent. Especially considering how college football has worked previously. But now there's some serious money riding on the decisions these guys make. Heck, he could make enough money to move his whole family to BCS or Georgia. This is the reason why Oklahoma and Texas joined the SEC. They saw the writing on the wall. They had to offer players the ability to make more money by selling a "brand" specifically the SEC brand. We all know how marketing works. You win, you sell more. That's why I said he may end up decommitting from Tennessee next season if Tennessee loses this year and A&M or Georgia wins.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                              Or the fact that we have 4 pre-season all americans at various positions, and more depth / talent across the board then we have ever had.

Our Defense is going to be really good. We have an elite coaching staff with Jimbo / Elko.

Keep your head in the sand, and at the end of the year we will circle back to this.
                              saved

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post

You aggies are a touchy bunch. It was merely a joke and don't doubt yall will have a good season and good team. The schedule lines up perfectly for yall this year and good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X