Any Flag pole advice.. or installers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Flag pole advice.. or installers.

I need a flag pole, at least 40’ tall. In the Ft. worth area.

How deep would it need to be buried?

Anyone sell— install around here ??

Common guidance for direct burial steel poles in the lighting industry is 10% of the tower height plus 2' in ideal soil conditions. I'm not sure how much that will help.

Comment

Where did you get that 40ft flagpole? I need something similar.

Comment

Symond's Flags & Poles has recently opened up in Irving. The address should be about 250 W. Airport Freeway (183). Everything they sell is made in the USA. Their storefront with huge flags and flagpoles is very impressive. Hard to miss as you drive down 183.

Comment

I've been looking at a 30' for my front yard.

Comment

Allen I got a 40’er off of a job about a year ago. It was in a sleeve that was 42” deep. The sleeve was galvanized culvert pipe. The culvert had been cemented in the ground and flag pole has sand between it and the culvert. Hope I described that right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

*edited to be more helpful*

How big a flag ya gonna fly? Is a 40ft exposed pole or 40ft overall and it’ll be 35ish feet installed?

General numbers for a 40ft are 48inches deep, 36 wide. 6 inches of gravel in bottom and concrete the sleeve all the way up. That’s what a flagpole company would do for a 40’ that was gonna fly an 8x12 flag.

I flew a big flag so my 35 foot pole had that size footing. Hole. It sucked diging it with a post hole digger but I was poor and ambitious. Already talked to the fence fella about using his auger on his bobcat for the next one.
              Last edited by Rubberdown; 07-16-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                So I can tell you don’t bury it 10%. I can also tell you that without more details it’s hard to answer. You need to know how big a flag you are going to fly and what your wind speeds are that you are preparing for. Small flag is not as bad as big flag. Also flag size depends on how strong your flag pole is. Do real research into this subject!
                This^^^

Wind loads on poles are something you don't want to overlook. Lots of factors to consider.

Comment

Thanks Brian... that is what I was looking for.

This will be a dual purpose pole. Not too big a flag, maybe 3’ by 6’,, also want to put wifi antenna on top.

I ain’t paying 3,000$ to cut down a 40 year old pecan tree, just to get internet.

The research I have done, I can get a 40’ pole for $1,200 to $3,800 [emoji33][emoji15]

Don’t need a gold anadized flag pole.

Comment

I made the mistake of getting a big eagle for a topper on my flagpole and that was a mistake. The flag would wrap up in it and be a pain in the behind. So I got my neighbor with a bucket truck to help me change it to a ball which is way better. Just a little nugget of wisdom!

Comment

I've installed a couple, instalation ain't cheap.
                      You mention a wi-fi antenna.., Nextlink going to be your provider?
                      I assume whoever it is, they have a boomtruck, and you have discussed this with them?

Comment

I've seen some, that are telescoping.
                        They look, fairly easy to install.
                        Just a suggestion.

Comment

I built mine out of 2 7/8 drill stem, 30ft long, buried 4ft deep, and I fly a 4x6 and 3x5 one them

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by waffles; 07-16-2021, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                            Thanks Brian... that is what I was looking for.

This will be a dual purpose pole. Not too big a flag, maybe 3’ by 6’,, also want to put wifi antenna on top.

I ain’t paying 3,000$ to cut down a 40 year old pecan tree, just to get internet.

The research I have done, I can get a 40’ pole for $1,200 to $3,800 [emoji33][emoji15]

Don’t need a gold anadized flag pole.

Y’all should be able to get fiber out there with AT&T.
                            ??
                            I was wrong once before though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Steph, I can see the box across the road... but, they refuse to bring it over here.

The CO-OP has fiber run to the corner of Ward, but can’t hire crews to finish it to the house. [emoji35][emoji35]

Comment

Working...
                              X