No announcement yet.

SpaceX Starlink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live view of the starling satilites. Pretty cool, getting to be less and less gaps.

https://satellitemap.space/indexA.html

Comment

I am excited that I may be able to get service it in the bond g bend area, but $99 just for a promise of service?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post

Also the Beta version is unlimited data, but that doesn't mean it will be unlimited once they leave beta, you may have data caps.

That’s one of my main concerns. Drop $500+ on hardware and be stuck with it if service prices go up or data caps are introduced.

Comment

If y’all haven’t seen the Starlink satellites yet, you’re not looking. They are there.

I’ve seen them several times, the first of which we were walking to the blind for a hunt in Dec 2019. I think we counted 27, but later found out we missed the first half as the actual count was 60. By the time they are finished launching there will be tens of thousands of them.

I also read the more recent ones have an anti-reflective coating to lessen their visibility.. basically it’s “space camo”..

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
            I am excited that I may be able to get service it in the bond g bend area, but $99 just for a promise of service?
            It's refundable if you choose to opt out before they ship you dish when its ready.. I think one of the main reasons he did it was to show money coming in

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Swamprat View Post
              If y’all haven’t seen the Starlink satellites yet, you’re not looking. They are there.

I’ve seen them several times, the first of which we were walking to the blind for a hunt in Dec 2019. I think we counted 27, but later found out we missed the first half as the actual count was 60. By the time they are finished launching there will be tens of thousands of them.

I also read the more recent ones have an anti-reflective coating to lessen their visibility.. basically it’s “space camo”..
              Yup freaked me out at first hunting waiting in the dark and watching lights follow in line through the sky

Comment

I have no other options than line of sight and the terrible geo sync satellite. Current sat is slow, expensive, and just terrible all around. My line of sight some company is really spotty. We go down for at least an hour or two once or twice a week. I'm looking forward to this product... When I signed up, it said late 2021 and I'm here in Liberty Hill.

You can download the app and stand where you want to put your satellite. It will let you "see" what obstructions around you will mess with the signal. If I mount it on top of the peak of my barn, it would be obstruction free.
                Last edited by ken800; 02-28-2021, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Anyone get their equipment yet?

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                    Anyone get their equipment yet?
                    Nope

Comment

What speeds can one expect?

Comment

60 more sat's deployed yesterday morning. Curious what the total number is so far

Comment

Got it on order for Central Texas. Can't get here fast enough.

Can't do line of sight unless I built an 80 foot tower according to the tech that came out.

Comment

Originally posted by SETX_Insanity View Post
                            60 more sat's deployed yesterday morning. Curious what the total number is so far
                            There are over 1300 Starlink Satellites in orbit as of today. I have been using the equipment and it is crazy fast. No issues to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                              There are over 1300 Starlink Satellites in orbit as of today. I have been using the equipment and it is crazy fast. No issues to date.
                              That's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post

Faster than fiber optic cable? Comparable?

Comment

Working...
                                X