Travel trailer roof sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel trailer roof sealer

What is the best product but inexpensive to seal the roof of my trailer? and where to buy it local in DFW?

Kool-Seal

Comment

Yep Kool-Seal is it and it's is available at Home Depot I believe. Be very generous when you mop it on.

Comment

Same as above, that is what we used on the old deer shack I have. Don't be scared to use a bunch!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
          Kool-Seal
          x4

Comment

but take the roof AC and vents off first. seal roof, then add new RTV for the AC and vents...

Comment

Cant find Kool-Seal on the home depot website. Looks like Elliott's hardware has it but they are always real spendy on everything...

Comment

The roof was sealed last year by the previous owner. I just want to re-touchup all the vents and seams......

Comment

Jered, you do have a metal roof and not a rubber roof, correct?

Comment

There are a number of products for that, but I've always had the best luck with a white elastomeric sealant. And, yes, Kool-Seal does make a good white elastomeric, but they make some other roofing products too, so I'm not sure which specific product(s) the other posters are referring to. I've used other brands of elastomeric with equal success.

Comment

Double L... It might be a molded Rubber roof...

Comment

I don't think the regular Kool Seal will work if its rubber. I have never used this stuff but here is a link:

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-roofs/38-1670.htm

I have sealed all the seams and around my vents on my rubber roof with this:

http://www.bestmaterials.com/detail.aspx?ID=11341

Rubber roofs are a different animal. The eternabond tape works good but you have to prep the surface per instructions to get it to adhere.

Comment

it is a 1978 Holiday Rambler

Comment

Not sure Jered but I am thinking at that age it does not have a rubber roof.

Comment

ok.... i am doing some research and everything I find says they are all Alluminum bodies.

Comment

Working...
                              X