cell phone boosters ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cell phone boosters ?

Have sparce cell coverage at the lease between sonora and juno. The ex game warden that runs the ranch has a booster in his truck and can sit at camp and talk like he is next door .Any recomenedations or anyone know where to find these ? He found his in Brady , but i cant seem to find the type he had. Anyone have or know where to get one or the brand thats the best ?....i want to get one ...tired of getting there and not being able to call or receive calls in case of an emergency ( snake bite , knife cut , etc ) ....we all have the gate numbers memorized for care flight , but getting a 911 call to go thru is a task ......thanks b

will be watching this close for the same reason plus when I travel I get out into some places where I have 0 coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by DrenalinJunkie View Post
      will be watching this close for the same reason plus when I travel I get out into some places where I have 0 coverage.
      it a 30 minute ride to the tallest ,mountain , hill or what ever you want to call it just to get one bar ...i feel ya ........its just that that 30 minutes could be a serious matter if a guy was hurt or such .

Comment

We have a couple of new tin roof blinds and we are discussed a cell phone booster to sit on the top of the blind to improve signal so we can text while we hunt. I am also interested.

Comment

Originally posted by B4RANCH View Post
          it a 30 minute ride to the tallest ,mountain , hill or what ever you want to call it just to get one bar ...i feel ya ........its just that that 30 minutes could be a serious matter if a guy was hurt or such .
          I will be hunting as a guest on a ranch in Del Rio this year as well and I know there is crap service out there!

Comment

My old man bought a $300 one to help at the farm. It did help but not much. I'd say we get better coverage than we did about 10% of the time. Not worth the $ to me...

Comment

Wilson Electronics is supposed to the best on the market. I shelled out $350 for my cell booster kit for my company truck. 3 others in my office as well.

They are awesome!!!! Dang near full service for your phone. Not so good with air cards. They do help, but it ain't gonna give you full 3G service.

now having said that.....I just sent back my second amplifier back to them and waiting on a 3rd!! Don't know what is going on with it. I'm the only one that's had trouble at work with them. They are replacing it at no charge. Which they better...This will be number 3 within a year.

on the net, Wilson is ranked the top. Maybe it is just my bad luck although I would buy another. They work that good.

Bought mine from Cellular Solutions . com

Comment

spud........have you been to places that you had crappy cell service before and seen a big difference after having the booster ? because once we get west of junction it is horrible .....just holes of success

Comment

BIG difference in East Texas. Now i'm sure having major highways around may have something to do with it, but I know I can use my phone in the river bottoms and in the middle of those 12,000 acre leases with no problem.

Comment

i looked it up ....which one of the amps do you have ?

Comment

I've got the 801201 amp.

As for as the kit, I called them and told them what carrier I have service with and what internal antenna features I wanted.

This amp

They make all sorts of internal antennas. They make them that can be used as a cradle, one that plugs directly into your phone and one that is like a paddle that will pick up multiple phones ( I have this one)

Comment

how many can use the paddle at once ....this might be the way to go and just leave at the lease and split the cost 10 ways .....?...like all 10 will be using it at the same time ...but you catch the drift!

Comment

Originally posted by B4RANCH View Post
                          how many can use the paddle at once ....this might be the way to go and just leave at the lease and split the cost 10 ways .....?...like all 10 will be using it at the same time ...but you catch the drift!

hmmm. don't know...I guess as many will fit in the truck

Comment

Spud is right. The Wilson Booster work big time.

I have put one in the UP Michigan in a remote woods at our camp that works great and has been for a year now. Before we were mad because we only barely got a signal. Just enough to get a call out only to be dropped.

Here is a thread I put up on TBH in December of last year saying this thing was the awesome, and it is. The one I got just velcros to the back of the phone which better since everyone can use it. If you try to go with the one that plugs into an antenna port then your are restricted to those phones that have the adapter ports.

Here is the thread. Get one you will never regret it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CellBooster (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	23894778

Ranchdog

Comment

Working...
                            X