Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you change equipment if you could be on tv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
    I have done exactly that.....sponsors are what makes a show happen...
    Let's ask this question differently.
    Say you have a bow that performs better than another, and you shoot it better, and the consensus of your aquaintances are of the same opinion, but the other bow company wants to pay you to use and promote their bow as the best.
    Would you do this?

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
      I can understand being loyal to a spouse, a friend or even an employer but exactly what do you get for this undying loyalty to a particular brand of bow or sight.
      you owe it to the bow .......it has feelings too!

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
        Why?

Would you refuse to sell Chevron gas if they paid you, even though you prefer to use Shell in your automobile... It is just a job... not a religion

And if Chevron gave you free gas as part of that job, would you refuse to use it and go down the street to pay for Shell…
        I wouldnt go around telling everyone how good something is just because I get it for free. Just how I am.

Just like all the years I sold double bulls like crazy. Alot of people assumed I got them for free and that is why I did it. Couldnt be farther from the truth. I paid for them just like everyone else did. I used them because they were the best.

Would I have liked to have gotten one for free? Of course, but I would have used them whether it was free or whether I paid for it. And I sure wouldnt be trying to sell blinds for another company just because they offerered to give me one.

rick

Comment

no doubt, I'd shoot a sling shot if they wanted me to..

Comment

If I could hunt for a living and get some free stuff, I would change what I shoot!

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
              Let's ask this question differently.
              Say you have a bow that performs better than another, and you shoot it better, and the consensus of your aquaintances are of the same opinion, but the other bow company wants to pay you to use and promote their bow as the best.
              Would you do this?
              Ok lets play that game, lets say I was a producer of a show and my show was 50,000 short of a full committment to pay for the required air time ...and the difference was going to be made up by one product sponsorship..

Bow company "A" was giving me 5 bows a year and 30,000 for a sponsorship.

Bow company "B" offered 5 bows a year and 50,000 for a sponsorship.

Company "A" has a far superior product but refuses to bridge the gap and they have been a sponsor for the last season..and happens to be your personal bow of choice..
              you love the product..

Company "B" equipment is lacking behind the times a bit.. but they offer the better deal and your show goes on another year...

It becomes a business choice of keeping a company running and not which is a better product...

Comment

Ok lets play that game, lets say I was a producer of a show and my show was 50,000 short of a full committment to pay for the required air time ...and the difference was going to be made up by one product sponsorship..

Bow company "A" was giving me 5 bows a year and 30,000 for a sponsorship.

Bow company "B" offered 5 bows a year and 50,000 for a sponsorship.

Company "A" has a far superior product but refuses to bridge the gap and they have been a sponsor for the last season..and happens to be your personal bow of choice..
                you love the product..

Company "B" equipment is lacking behind the times a bit.. but they offer the better deal and your show goes on another year...

It becomes a business choice of keeping a company running and not which is a better product...
                So... we compromise our ethics?
                Remember that we are using our influence to the public to purchase the bow by telling them that it is the best bow.

Comment

Remember that we are using our influence to the public to purchase the bow by telling them that it is the best bow.
                  Sounds exactly like our current government situation doesn't it?

Comment

Ethics often vacillate with one's hunger...

But I’m not sure ethics apply in this situation. Both bows will do the job they were designed for and their suitability is objective. Can you really say that “X” bow is superior to “Y” bow without expressing personal opinion… I often tell people that the bow they are looking at is a good bow, or I might say that another is the best for the money... but is Hoyt really better than Mathews or visa versa
                    Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 07-19-2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Business and ethics dont work well when used together, you either stay in business or go out of business....sometimes you will swallow your pride..

Recommending one bow over another is not a ethical situation, remember it is not how fast or how modern the weapon is, it is the technique that is employed when it is used...

By the way Rocky knows for a FACT that PSE makes a great bow!!!

Comment

Business and ethics dont work well when used together, you either stay in business or go out of business....sometimes you will swallow your pride..

Recommending one bow over another is not a ethical situation, remember it is not how fast or how modern the weapon is, it is the technique that is employed when it is used...

By the way Rocky knows for a FACT that PSE makes a great bow!!!
                        A person's ethics are the same regardless of situation.
                        Could you promote bow B as the best, when you and all of your aquaintances know that bow A is actually better?
                        What will your aquaintances think about your ethics now?

Comment

I have guided a few hunting shows and to tell you the truth...... Most do not use there "sponsored" when they are hunting. They will do out takes after the shot and re-do the whole thing and focus in on sponsors equipment. Pretty crazy but it all come together in the end. So, they don't change there equipment, why should I if I am on a hunting show. I would much rather use something that i know is tried and true than to change up my equipment. But, if somebody offered me a hunt of a lifetime, I would use there equipment as well. Just my two cents.....

Comment

not sure what the big ethical problem is here. why the heck not shoot the offered up free gear and enjoy the ride.....

Comment

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
                              not sure what the big ethical problem is here. why the heck not shoot the offered up free gear and enjoy the ride.....
                              Can you promote this gear to the public as the "best", even though you know it's not?

Comment

Ok, so I walk in your door and I own a crossbow company and I say: 'I need you to use my crossbows and hype them so those dang archers will think kindly on me and stop trying to stop crossbows during archery season...'. I will pay you enough to hunt fulltime for me, but you gotta climb in bed with crossbows during archery season 100%.

Carry on...

Comment

Working...
                                X