TTU George Floyd Memorial Scholarship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTU George Floyd Memorial Scholarship

LUBBOCK, Texas — Texas Tech University created endowed scholarship funds in memory of George Floyd and Timothy Cole, according to an email from the university obtained by EverythingLubbock.co…

Apparently the social justice warrior university President and his staff at TTU feel it appropriate to not only support, but to actually promote and solicit funding from students and alumni for a new TTU memorial scholarship for George Floyd. I got an email yesterday from TTU's president asking for donations to support this.

I'm not condoning what happened to Floyd in any way. What happened was a tragedy. We have a criminal justice system for these reasons. The fact is, no one knows all of the facts, the case has not been litigated in a court of law. The popular narrative from day one is that Floyd was murdered by racist police officers. Not one shred of evidence has been presented at this point showing any of the officers to have racist tendencies or ideology.

From Wikipedia"

"Between 1997 and 2005, Floyd served eight prison terms on various charges, including drug possession, theft, and trespass. In 2009, he was sentenced to five years in prison for armed robbery in a home invasion and was paroled in January 2013." Yes, a home invasion robbery where he held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach while his cohorts ransacked the residence.

What really ****** me off is that there are so many deserving black American's who could be memorialized, people who actually contributed to society, achieved great things, and are/were wonderful role models for all Americans.

I love monuments, memorials, and scholarships dedicated to criminals. It shows amazing social diversity and acceptance. It also absolves us all, going forward, of personal responsibility and personal accountability.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
      https://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...-timothy-cole/

Apparently the social justice warrior university President and his staff at TTU feel it appropriate to not only support, but to actually promote and solicit funding from students and alumni for a new TTU memorial scholarship for George Floyd. I got an email yesterday from TTU's president asking for donations to support this.

I'm not condoning what happened to Floyd in any way. What happened was a tragedy. We have a criminal justice system for these reasons. The fact is, no one knows all of the facts, the case has not been litigated in a court of law. The popular narrative from day one is that Floyd was murdered by racist police officers. Not one shred of evidence has been presented at this point showing any of the officers to have racist tendencies or ideology.

From Wikipedia"

"Between 1997 and 2005, Floyd served eight prison terms on various charges, including drug possession, theft, and trespass. In 2009, he was sentenced to five years in prison for armed robbery in a home invasion and was paroled in January 2013." Yes, a home invasion robbery where he held a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach while his cohorts ransacked the residence.

What really ****** me off is that there are so many deserving black American's who could be memorialized, people who actually contributed to society, achieved great things, and are/were wonderful role models for all Americans.
      Yep. It sucks.

Comment

guns up !!!!!

Comment

Can I be offended at the memorial?

Comment

smh

meanwhile in OH

An Ohio high school has indefinitely suspended two football players for defying orders from the administration and taking “Thin Blue Line” and “Thin Red Line” flags onto the field, as part of a 9/11 tribute.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
              I would be proud if one of those 2 boys was mine

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Can I be offended at the memorial?
                No, it doesn't work like that. Don't you know that by now

Comment

Man dies of a drug overdose and the whole world goes fn insane with stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                    I would be proud if one of those 2 boys was mine
                    Absolutely
                    Freakin kids willing to give up something out of principle and Drew and JJ and other multimillionaires won’t..I don’t know how some of those fellas look in the mirror

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
                      https://www.everythinglubbock.com/ne...-timothy-cole/

From Wikipedia"

David Dorn would be a good place to start

Comment

This may not go over real well in Lubbock! Just saying!

Comment

Well, that sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            Absolutely

Freakin kids willing to give up something out of principle and Drew and JJ and other multimillionaires won’t..I don’t know how some of those fellas look in the mirror

Yeah they actually have a pair. This is why I say turn the nfl off and go support some real men at a local hs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Guns down on that!

Comment

Working...
                              X