Dallas Cowboys players to protest the National Anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
    What I got from this thread is that Smart is the only guy on TBH still watching the NFL

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Try again. You can surely go back and read in the previous NFL thread that I am not. I'm just hacking on the Texans loving AC for his usual posts on the Cowboys....

I haven't watched a game of MLB either.....and surely not the NBA
      I never thought the day would come that I gave up on sports, but here it is...the only bastion of hope that I have left is college, and I fully expect them to jump on the bandwagon of professing a desire for social change.

But until more than one or two put their money where their mouth is (and I'm giving one or two as an opening for those who will call out a name of an athlete who is doing something more than just running their mouths about standing up for change before they "put me in my place"), I don't believe they give a rats hind end about anything but their pocketbook

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
        I never thought the day would come that I gave up on sports, but here it is...the only bastion of hope that I have left is college, and I fully expect them to jump on the bandwagon of professing a desire for social change.

But until more than one or two put their money where their mouth is (and I'm giving one or two as an opening for those who will call out a name of an athlete who is doing something more than just running their mouths about standing up for change before they "put me in my place"), I don't believe they give a rats hind end about anything but their pocketbook

I read yesterday that the Big 12 is going to require social justice messages on the uniforms.... Doesn't seem like a good way to keep the fan base happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          I bet the NFL is about to get very high viewership numbers this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Only time will tell. Ratings will be high tonight and this weekend as many on both sides will want to see what political BS happens. So, projecting anything based on opening weekend, probably isn't a good idea. We shall see as the season progresses.

Comment

We will see how well BLM supports the NFL!

They have went crazy. Do they not know who buys their tickets!! I hope America shows them what we think. I have been a fan for 50 years. I will not watch this. They can SUCK IT!!
            I can go to the lease on Sundays now!!!

Comment

As I said a couple months ago, No more NFL, NBA or MLB for me.
              Only thing I will continue to watch in NASCAR but they almost lost me with Bubba & his Neuce. Also saw one of the pit crew kneel during the Anthem a while back, I think that was corrected & havn't seen any more of that since.

Sure would have been good to see some Patrick MaHomes action tonight but I have fishing tackle to clean.

Comment

I read yesterday that the Big 12 is going to require social justice messages on the uniforms.... Doesn't seem like a good way to keep the fan base happy.
                I'm not surprised...guess I won't be following college anymore either

Comment

I quit watching those *******s last Thanksgiving because they refused to fire Garrett's dumb ***. I don't imagine I'll be watching much this year either, I don't go to games, or buy their stuff anyway, so I doubt they'll miss me.

I am playing FF again this year because I usually make a little money at it...I don't know what the NFL gets from that.

I don't really care what anyone else does, but my gut says there is a lot of grandstanding going on on this site.

Comment

Lost of money is the only thing that will get the NFL's or owners attention and that is lack of viewership on TV!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                      I don't get why anyone who cares about this country still watches any professional sports?

All it would take is one year of people boycotting this crap and they would change

America's Team?

Not my America
                      What he said.

Comment

I was hoping to be able to enjoy watching the Stros & Rangers. After they decided to boycott I was done. I canceled MLB. Not watching anything these days. Very sad what has happened in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          I quit watching those *******s last Thanksgiving because they refused to fire Garrett's dumb ***. I don't imagine I'll be watching much this year either, I don't go to games, or buy their stuff anyway, so I doubt they'll miss me.

I am playing FF again this year because I usually make a little money at it...I don't know what the NFL gets from that.

I don't really care what anyone else does, but my gut says there is a lot of grandstanding going on on this site.
                          In my case at least it isn't grandstanding. Sports was an ESCAPE from all the crap that goes on. It was a special world that drew people together. Without the escapism what is really but grown men running around with a ball? The escapism is what made/makes sports, sports. Without it is a rediculous concept.

I grew up not being interested in sports, got into the escapism in college while being immersed in it while living in a dorm. I'll go back to the way I was just fine.

Comment

You might not be watching it, but we appear to be still discussing NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                              Why don't they just stop all the issues and remove the playing of the national anthem at all their professional events. Then NOTHING is political, except the names on the backs of the jerseys that support felons and other convicts.

I watch Motocross still. The only pro sport I care to see. I am sure they do the national anthem, but it is not part of the televised program. Heck, motorsports is one of the only ones left that the participants are still dang proud of their countries (wherever they may be from)

Because that would be capitulating to the thugs, not in my vocabulary.

Comment

Yup! And now big 12 is off my watch list. I hate it, like many of you I’ve watched football my whole life. But I cannot/ will not support this crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X