Crazy lightning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy lightning

Was just sitting at the table on the computer, wife is in a chair in the living room. We hear some big thunder and powerful lighting strike and blue flame/spark came up from the floor by the front door and another one shot up about 6' away from me. You could hear it buzz real loud. Wife thought she heard it in the fireplace too.
    We have a concrete slab with wood looking tile material.
    Went outside and neighbors were looking at their metal roof, she thinks their house got hit too. Pretty wild.

Dadgum, that's kinda spooky! Glad y'all are alright!

Comment

Time to change your underwear! I was sittin in my la-z-boy when lightning struck a 80 ft pine tree 25 yards from me. Hair stood up on my arms, it got hot for a second and it was over and to late. Some bad stuff.

Comment

I’m in Floresville as well and yes crazy lightning.
        Lights blinked for a sec.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was standing at the open back door watching a lightening storm some years ago when a blinding flash / crack happened & just remember sorta dropping to the floor catching myself like falling into a pushup stance...I never could find where it hit, but is the one & only time where there wasn't at least a little delay between sight / sound. Mother nature is awesome.

Comment

Was golfing and out of the blue the fairway next to ours was hit. We got under cover and when it passed went back and looked at the hit. It looked like a huge spider. Burnt round center and legs running off in every direction.
              Ball lightning is very rare and really dangerious. Can pass throught your bedroom wall and kill you in your sleep..............

Comment

That is scary close! Glad y'all were not hurt!

Comment

Lightning hit my back porch Monday night. Blew two holes in the patio, a hole in the soffit, blew tile out in the kitchen somehow, and fried a tv and garage fridge. It’s a weird animal

Comment

Probably tracking the rebar in your slab.
                    Sounds like it was about to bust loose but didn't.
                    I've seen a several hundred pound chuck of slab blow out of a living room, and wind up against the wall.
                    Powerful stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                      Ball lightning is very rare and really dangerious. Can pass throught your bedroom wall and kill you
                      ....dadgum no one is safe

Comment

Yeah, that is some scary stuff.

One morning a couple years ago I was standing at my laptop that was sitting on raised counter top when one hit within yards of my house. I felt a jolt go through my hands and into my chest. It felt like someone hit me in my chest with a bat.

Probably happened because of bad wiring in a house built in the 70's, but I dont touch electronics when I hear any thunder. lol

J

Comment

Originally posted by lck90 View Post

Lightning hit my back porch Monday night. Blew two holes in the patio, a hole in the soffit, blew tile out in the kitchen somehow, and fried a tv and garage fridge. It’s a weird animal

Wow!

Comment

Got hit a couple years ago, lots of damage to 3 tall pines. Blew out the boxes on the side of house and 90 ft. of wire to my man cave. Also blew holes in ground next to the bathroom widow as I was taking a leak. All I saw was a super bright flash and the boom! Not fun.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Was sitting in the garage at the reloading bench doing a one by one visual check of the cases and the propellant charge when lightning hit a tree one house down---I carefully placed a rag over the cases and went inside.

Comment

Working...
                              X