Felony Conviction Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felony Conviction Question

First off, I’m not a felon...a guy that works for me is.

What are your thoughts? If you are convicted of a felony should you lose the right to vote and own a gun permanently or if you serve your appointed jail time/probation should you get a clean slate when you are finished?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope you made the choice!

Comment

I say depends on what they where charged with. Some make stupid decisions that may deserve a second chance.

Comment

I think if you paid for your crimes, you should regain your rights. Of course sometimes there are other circumstance (violent criminal & owning guns) where are they might not automatically given back their right to own guns.

Comment

You can get those rights back if you want to badly enough. I didn’t know that but I had a guy who worked for me that did. You gotta want it though, and my guess is most felons only want to do more chit that caused them to have a felony to begin with.

Comment

I interviewed a girl for a house cleaning job who claimed to have had 3 drinks, went to pick up her daughter from a friend's house a few miles away. On the way back she got pulled over and arrested for dui. The minor in the car made it a felony.

Not condoning drinking and driving, but for her to be striped of her unalienable rights the rest of her life seems harsh. Voting and gun rights should be restored upon completion of the penalty. Just my take.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
            Last edited by ctom87; 07-17-2020, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I ride the the fence on this sometimes. My BIL is a felon, he pays taxes and cant vote on where his tax monies are going. I dont care for this. Then again, nobody he stole from had a say where their monies went...he's a recovering addict so its hard for any of us looking from the inside....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

It should depend on the crime committed

Comment

If you paid your debt and make it through a probationary period, IMO those rights should be reinstated.

Comment

Needs to be case by case. Gun things doesn't make sense for something like felony tax evasion

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                      I say depends on what they where charged with. Some make stupid decisions that may deserve a second chance.
                      This^^^ Depends on what you were charged with. Armed robbery probably not, are any crime with a gun. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        It should depend on the crime committed
                        Agree 100%

Comment

If dead people can vote, so should felons.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

I still feel bad for the Duke boys. Justice in Hazard County is no justice at all!

Comment

Does anybody really believe that a felon that wants to continue with their criminal career can't just acquire a gun illegally?? So I just don't know what the difference is.

Comment

Working...
                              X