TX HS FOOTBALL- about to be shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TX HS FOOTBALL- about to be shut down

Multiple districts saying they are cutting it out.
    Many others saying they won’t start till Sept 8th

UIL is expected to say something soon.....

I am expecting it to be SHUT DOWN — Sad Times !!
    Last edited by getsum; 07-15-2020, 08:02 PM.

So.....because of some silly virus the seniors are getting a very long hard shaft that could impact their entire lives. How stupid some people have become

Comment

Revenue losses for schools won't be good, definitely make next year harder. Fear is gonna cost much more to school systems than they can afford. I can only imagine the programs and services that will cease to exist due to no funding.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Was gonna say.. at what point of them cutting all the actual services/programs if the school do I get my tax dollars back? Sports are probably the saving grace if public education.

Comment

Not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
            Was gonna say.. at what point of them cutting all the actual services/programs if the school do I get my tax dollars back? Sports are probably the saving grace if public education.

SOUNDS LOGICAL... But not.....👎🏼

The districts still have to pay the teachers.
            If you don’t - once this is all over, their won’t be any teachers left.
            Because they will move to another job and not come back...

Comment

All in the master plan, working like a charm, people running right to it.

Comment

Originally posted by scoutman View Post
                All in the master plan, working like a charm, people running right to it.

This guy gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by getsum View Post
                  SOUNDS LOGICAL... But not.....👎🏼

The districts still have to pay the teachers.
                  If you don’t - once this is all over, their won’t be any teachers left.
                  Because they will move to another job and not come back...
                  Why pay them? If a bunch of People Can work at HEB why can’t a bunch of teachers get to work?

Comment

They are not worried about teachers or the kids. Just control.

Comment

Dang I hate to hear this. My BIL has worked his *** off for the last 20 years to become a head coach. He finally got the head football coach at a high school in Katy last year, and now this happens. Even a worse deal for the kids that were gonna be seniors this year.

The cure has definitely become worse than the virus.

Comment

All of this, release a weaponized virus on the world, ruin the most prolific robust economy, lowest unemployment #’s, ruin people’s lives, not to mention all the pain, suffering and deaths just to win an election and take control. Feel sorry for all those caught up in this.

Comment

How? How is my sons 5Tool collegiate baseball league managing the pandemic? Some of these decisions are getting ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            Why pay them? If a bunch of People Can work at HEB why can’t a bunch of teachers get to work?
                            That is some dumb talk right there..
                            The teachers are still working.
                            If anything, they are loaded up more w paperwork to satisfy the district and cover their butts when kids refuse to do their online assignments.
                            Online education is a bigger burden on the teachers.
                            They would rather be in the classroom.

Comment

Originally posted by getsum View Post
                              That is some dumb talk right there..
                              The teachers are still working.
                              If anything, they are loaded up more w paperwork to satisfy the district and cover their butts when kids refuse to do their online assignments.
                              Online education is a bigger burden on the teachers.
                              They would rather be in the classroom.
                              Well stated.

Comment

Working...
                              X