Lets hear some clicker success stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets hear some clicker success stories

Every so often I get a bad habit of short drawing my bow a little bit. I hit anchor but am not expanding through my back. I did this last summer and about never got through it in time for hunting season but I did and shot really good all through season. I had a successful season in the woods. Ive had to take it easy the last several months due to a pinched nerve in my elbow but Im back to shooting regular again.

Now the short drawing problem has reared his ugly head again. I know, just add a clicker right.......... I have tried one before but never gave it an honest fair chance. For some reason I have an aversion to trying one again, I dont know why. I think I am scared of becoming dependent on it and I dont want to become a slave to the clicker.

Please tell me you clicker success stories. Tell me how it helped you, how long you had it on your bow and if you were able to take it off at some point.

Thanks

My brother has one for a short draw issue and loves it. I've shot it some and I hate being dependent on something telling me when I'm full anchor. I've have times where I shot horrible for some reason and I always remedy it by slowing down my shot process, take one arrow out, shoot it, walk and get it and repeat.

Comment

Chad, no help on the clicker. Are you going back to Squapan this year?

Comment

Clicker

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
        Chad, no help on the clicker. Are you going back to Squapan this year?
        Not this year. My dad talked me into a Missouri deer hunt during their first week of bow season. Hope to make it back next year unless I can talk someone into elk hunting. Im gonna miss hanging out with everyone up there. That is by far my favorite hunting trip. You and your brother going?

Comment

I answered this over on AT before realizing you posted here as well. I shoot a clicker all the time. It corrected a lot of issues, but it takes work. Feel free to PM me if you have questions. There is a right and a wrong way to shoot a clicker, and one can really screw up your shoulder.

Comment

When I was shooting a lot of tournaments I would use one during the week and remove it for tournaments. Now that I hunt out west 4-5 times each year I mostly leave the clicker on all the time now and just shoot for fun (don’t turn in my card) when I make it to a tournament.

For texas hunting, generally inside of 20yds, I don’t see as much benefit. From 20-45yds (western hunting) the benefits of the clicker really show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

HELPED MY SON TREMENDOUSLY, me on the other hand... I never cared for it at all

Comment

Originally posted by ChadMR82 View Post
                Not this year. My dad talked me into a Missouri deer hunt during their first week of bow season. Hope to make it back next year unless I can talk someone into elk hunting. Im gonna miss hanging out with everyone up there. That is by far my favorite hunting trip. You and your brother going?
                Yes, Lewis and I are going.

Comment

I've used one for 20 years to battle snap shooting and the dreaded target panic. It's been a game changer for me. I was almost to the point of leaving archery. I'm 56 and have been shooting bows since age 4

Comment

Working...
                  X