Sending gun back to Weatherby for work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending gun back to Weatherby for work

Last year I bought a Vanguard Wilderness 300wby. Wouldn't you know it, this year they decide to put 26" tubes and Accubrakes on them, just my luck. I am considering at the first of the year to send it back in and have them install the Accubrake on the gun, for $224.00 total that's a good deal IMO.

Anyone ever sent a Weatherby back to be worked on? How was your experience.

My old man sent back a Mark V 270 WBY Mag for an accubrake. If i remember right it was around 6-7 month turn around. I would call them before you send it off. They are in the middle of a move to Wyoming if I am not mistaken.

Comment

A good gunsmith with brake cast should be 300$. At least that’s what I’ve paid and they look and perform great.

Comment

If the work isn’t done by Weatherby is blocked the warranty and sub MOA guarantee. It’s hard to beat the accubrake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
          If the work isn’t done by Weatherby is blocked the warranty and sub MOA guarantee. It’s hard to beat the accubrake

Right now it’s a 4 month return per the guy I spoke to today. Figured I’d send it in in January as I won’t need it for a while after then

Comment

That’s not bad. I have a 300 WSM I want to send in. I may go ahead and send it since I won’t need it this season. And send in the 300 Bee when it gets back

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
              Right now it’s a 4 month return per the guy I spoke to today. Figured I’d send it in in January as I won’t need it for a while after then

thats when everybody else will send theres in

Comment

I have hunted with 300 wby for 20 years without one. My dad got a break on his and it was the loudest **** gun in the woods and for sure don’t stand beside anyone shooting it. Never could feel a real difference in my shoulder between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Bill View Post
                  I have hunted with 300 wby for 20 years without one. My dad got a break on his and it was the loudest **** gun in the woods and for sure don’t stand beside anyone shooting it. Never could feel a real difference in my shoulder between the two.
                  I've shot multiple 300 WBYs from Accumarks to Ultralights and all had the Accubrake, compared to my Wilderness w/o brake the recoil difference is significant. My Wilderness and the Ultralight I shot are very very close in overall weight so I'm basing my experience off of that. As far as noise, it is what it is. I have a 7mm with a custom badger style side ported brake and you must be standing behind the shooter and not to the side or it will rock you.

Comment

The Accubrake is a proven recoil reducer.....It’s also proven to be one of the LOUDEST brakes that there is!

jrg

Comment

Everybody whines about the noise from brakes. It goes on and off in 10 seconds. Use it to sight in and practice off the bench, take it off when you hunt.

Comment

I’ve had a Mark V Lazermark for 30+ years and recoil has never bothered me since it’s been a 1 shot killer all these years! It’s fairly heavy with the wood stock that makes it easy on my shoulder. That’s a good price if you decide on the brake.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                          Everybody whines about the noise from brakes. It goes on and off in 10 seconds. Use it to sight in and practice off the bench, take it off when you hunt.
                          That doesn’t seem like a great idea... after all, it’s usually the guy on the next bench over complaining about your brake. I’d say it’s also a good idea to practice the way you shoot in the field. Who wants their gun to act different in the field?

Comment

Originally posted by bowmansdad View Post
                            I’ve had a Mark V Lazermark for 30+ years and recoil has never bothered me since it’s been a 1 shot killer all these years! It’s fairly heavy with the wood stock that makes it easy on my shoulder. That’s a good price if you decide on the brake.

I don’t site in my rifle in any condition other than how I will hunt with it. Brake or no brake I won’t take them on and off.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post

If you wait until after hunting, I would expect that 4 months to increase because that is when everybody else will send their rifles in for work.

Comment

Working...
                              X