Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did a google search for Britt at Permian and came across this gem posted several years back on TBH. I hate to tell you this Casey but your buddy on the left has the best number in football[emoji13][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      I used to listen on the AM/FM to the Arlington Lamar/Mojo battles growing up(old man was a Lamar alum). Hard to beat Texas HS football!
      Speaking of Arlington/Mojo...this was an unreal game the year after I played at Permian. Huge comeback win. Boobie blocking and Shawn Crow running.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTEeDuzgWQ8"]1987 Permian Arlington James "Boobie" Miles - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Epic battles! Pretty cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Did a google search for Britt at Permian and came across this gem posted several years back on TBH. I hate to tell you this Casey but your buddy on the left has the best number in football[emoji13][emoji23]

The best pic is Casey in his white wranglers. No wonder Barb couldn’t resist.

Comment

I work with guy that played for Permian. Said there was a movie made about a team he played on. I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              Aggies come out on top of MS and lets hope they can finish the game without getting a targeting penalty
              Welcome to the CFB thread nubbin Aggie......get ready for hell!!

Comment

You don't know if there was a movie made about Permian or if the guy played on the team? Friday Night Lights!

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                  You don't know if there was a movie made about Permian or if the guy played on the team? Friday Night Lights!
                  Just joking. I've forgotten more than you know about Texas HS football. LOL!

His name is Mike Winchell. Good dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                    Kid is one heck of an athlete. Another commit will drop on Friday and that will get them to 20.
                    How many can they take this cycle? I remember they got some help from EE's.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                      Just joking. I've forgotten more than you know about Texas HS football. LOL!

His name is Mike Winchell. Good dude.

I don’t expect more than 25 unless the extras are guys like Bru McCoy.

There are some kids that have reached out and are about to jump ship from their current verbal, but there doesn’t appear to be mutual interest.

Washington pulls the trigger on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Some 20 years ago, I had a good buddy named Chuck who was a high school football fanatic. We both joined the Texas High School Coaches Association for $25 and got a little membership card that we laminated to make it look extra official. We used it to gain access to any game on any given Friday anywhere in north Texas. We traveled to see 6 man and watched many a clash of the DFW titans. We were even ushered into the press box on several occasions as we were often mistaken for scouts.

I miss those days. We saw lots of historic games and lots of future NFL stars.

There's nothing like the emotion of a high school game. You can learn a lot about a community simply by attending a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                          Some 20 years ago, I had a good buddy named Chuck who was a high school football fanatic. We both joined the Texas High School Coaches Association for $25 and got a little membership card that we laminated to make it look extra official. We used it to gain access to any game on any given Friday anywhere in north Texas. We traveled to see 6 man and watched many a clash of the DFW titans. We were even ushered into the press box on several occasions as we were often mistaken for scouts.

I miss those days. We saw lots of historic games and lots of future NFL stars.

There's nothing like the emotion of a high school game. You can learn a lot about a community simply by attending a game.
                          Most definitely. Pretty cool atmosphere most of the time. It's nice that it's about the kids at that time and not $$, fans, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                            Speaking of Arlington/Mojo...this was an unreal game the year after I played at Permian. Huge comeback win. Boobie blocking and Shawn Crow running.

1987 Permian Arlington James "Boobie" Miles - YouTube

My high school, PNG played Odessa in the 1975 State Championship back when there was only one champion at 4 levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                              My high school, PNG played Odessa in the 1975 State Championship back when there was only one champion at 4 levels.

That would be the year after my high school, Brazoswood, beat PNG in the dome and went on to win state.

Comment

Ellinger plays but we whoop OSU by running the ball. 42-10 UT

Comment

Working...
                                X