Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover Scent vs Scent Killer?

I have always used scent killer

But was wondering after getting busted a few times last weekend if using a cover scent would make any difference.

Post what you use and why!

cover

Comment

Wind

Comment

Here’s my take on cover scents:

Growing up I didn’t always make the right choices. I dipped, drank, smoked... everything I knew I wasn’t supposed to do. I laugh now thinking of all the mouthwash, toothpaste, gum to cover the smell

All it does is draw attention to the smell your covering. A drunk with a peppermint smells like a drunk with a peppermint. A smoker wearing cool water smells like a smoker wearing cool water. It don’t hide @&$*. And I think draws attention to another foreign smell.

Comment

I treat my clothes with my little ozone machine I bought off of amazon for 40.00 I treat them for an hour and then hang them outside for them to air out. I take a shower in scent away soap before I go to the stand. I walk through a cow patty or two on the way to the stand and have not been busted one time this year. I had 9 deer directly downwind of me and not one of them ever knew i was 25 yards away.

Comment

We wash our clothes in scent free, air dry and pack with pine needles. My cover scent is a fresh pine limb rubbed on my clothes as i walk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t use any scent killer or cover scent. Use the wind and you can smoke a cigarette while drinking a beer wearing Cool Water.

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                I don’t use any scent killer or cover scent. Use the wind and you can smoke a cigarette while drinking a beer wearing Cool Water.
                Cool Water for the win

Comment

I’ve recently discovered Hibiclense. For those that don’t know, it’s a very strong antibacterial soap that doctors and patients use before going under the knife to prevent contamination. It kills (odor causing) bacteria on your skin for 24 hrs. Wash clothes in scent free soap and spray down with scent killer on the way to the blind. Seems to work great.

Comment

Originally posted by jrfan View Post
                    I treat my clothes with my little ozone machine I bought off of amazon for 40.00 I treat them for an hour and then hang them outside for them to air out. I take a shower in scent away soap before I go to the stand. I walk through a cow patty or two on the way to the stand and have not been busted one time this year. I had 9 deer directly downwind of me and not one of them ever knew i was 25 yards away.
                    I should get an ozone machine, heard good things about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      We wash our clothes in scent free, air dry and pack with pine needles. My cover scent is a fresh pine limb rubbed on my clothes as i walk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                      Definitely need to wash my hunting clothes with a scent free detergent. Will try it out for next weekend in llano. Thanks!

Comment

Wind most important. Then scent thief. I’m good.

Comment

I couldn't have said it better

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                            I’ve recently discovered Hibiclense. For those that don’t know, it’s a very strong antibacterial soap that doctors and patients use before going under the knife to prevent contamination. It kills (odor causing) bacteria on your skin for 24 hrs. Wash clothes in scent free soap and spray down with scent killer on the way to the blind. Seems to work great.
                            You mite not want to bathe in Hibiclense. It removes all bacteria from the skin. Including the good stuff. Do some research.

Comment

You mite not want to bathe in Hibiclense. It removes all bacteria from the skin. Including the good stuff. Do some research.
                              I did, and you are correct, they do say not to use it every day for that reason, though Amazon is full of reviewers that do, I’m not suggesting anyone do that. It can be used once or twice per week safely. If it kills good and bad bacteria on the morning I go hunting, I’m good with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X