Spine surgery.... again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spine surgery.... again

Here I am again. Spine surgery to remove tumors from spine. Removed all of T7, and some of T8. Caged it all for stability. Surgery was last Tuesday the 16th. Pain has been controlled well. Going home or to therapy in the next couple of days. Another hunting season in the crapper. Cannot lift anything for some time, much less shoot a gun or bow. Except for this little ramble, keeping depression at bay. Looking forward to healing and getting this behind me. Good luck to all that are hunting this fall, stay healthy.

Cancer sux.

Prayers for you bud

I just got out of MRI....hear tomorrow my back future.

Comment

Prayers your way!

Comment

Tough times, I'll say a prayer for you.

Comment

Man so sorry to hear about it. Cancer is bad enough, but to have it keep reoccurring is worse. Prayers for you sir. Staying positive is paramount as you know. Good luck.

Comment

Prayers up for you. Keep positive thoughts. The good Lord will get you through this.

Comment

Prayers for you sir! Hopefully reading some of these live hunts will help you through the season.

Comment

Prayers for you

Comment

Prayers sent...hang in there bud.

Comment

Yep, reading live experiences helps big time.

Comment

Dang! Hope this surgery was successful. Prayers for you, bud!

Comment

Hate that your missing the season. Prayers that the surgery was successful and that you heal quickly.

Comment

Well 10 days out from surgery, and after a few rough days, I can say my pain level is less than pre surgery. Which will let you know how much cancer on bones hurt. Did a couple of days of therapy, they want me to not bend waist past 90°, not twist my spine and not lift over 10lbs. Start outpatient therapy in a week or so. Go home tomorrow morning. Or as close to home as I got right now. Bedroom wont be ready til mid week as house is in the middle of major updates. We are staying with my daughter and son in law. Really chomping at the bit here, cant help with any of the remodel.

Comment

So glad the surgery went well, and you are noticeably better, Do what the doctor says!

Comment

Good luck to everyone hunting this weekend.
                              I am doing very well in my recovery, wish they would let me do more. Still get tired quicker than I like, but rest a few and I am ready to go again. Trying to do a house remodel, supervising wife and daughter doing floors right now, trying not to alienate them ha ha. Don't know why I seem to pick this time of year to have health issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X